Used FJR price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog15

Reaction score
I Just got a line on a used 05 non ABS with 5000 miles for 10 grand. Sound like a good price?

Not bad. More details, please. Farkles? Service? Warranty?

I think you could do a little better, unless as FJRocket was hinting toward,

maybe a warrantee or extras... otherwise, id shoot for middle 9's...

That would be my thoughts...

No farkles that I know of, services were accomplished and unsure of warranty. It's my fathers bike and I know that he takes good care of things.

Would not be a good price to me. Market is slow right now, I assume because of the 06 upgrades, and there are a lot of good deals out there.

Do some research and check ebay and cycletrader.

Without knowing more about the bike, a good deal to me would be $9000, perhaps $9500. Since your his freaking son, I would say $8000-$8500 would be more appropriate.

And you can tell him I said so! B)

I just ordered a new 06 with ABS for $10.5k. An 05 without ABS for $10k seems way too high to me.

I just ordered a new 06 with ABS for $10.5k. An 05 without ABS for $10k seems way too high to me.
Sorry, but I am just a bit skeptical about this claim. Where did you get an 06 "A" version for $10,500?

Best deal I have seen is $11,499, and I think that will be damn near impossible to beat. Especially by $1000.

More info please.....

He's rambo. He had his
rambo-knife.jpg
discount card with him.

I just picked up an 05 ABS with 3500 miles for 10,500. Came with two windshields, a sargent seat, fork brace, magknight tank protecotrs, wilburs shock with remote preload adjuster, magnetic tank bag, service manual, throttlemeister, and a fresh new tire.

Mike

SkooterG and all. My deepest apologies. I goofed. I ordered the FJR1300A from D&H for 11.5k, not 10.5k. Dont' know what I was thinking. However, D&H sold the 05 non ABS new for 10.5k. If I could buy a new FJR, put 5000 miles on it and sell it for only $500 less than I paid for it new, I would be a happy camper. Perhaps if you only dealt with D&H you could come close to that but most people would probalby lose several thousands of dollars if you traded in for a new FJR every year in most places around the country.

Radman: I wish I had a discount card :D

@Quicksilver - You've always been someone! :D Now go ride more. 19k on an '03? What are you saving it for? ;)

I have bought 4 wheelers and road them for about 4 months put jet kits aftermarket exhaust open air filters aluminum wheels and better firmer gripping tires and lost $3000.

Trade in value drops terribly on these things. I couldn't imagine trading in my 05 non abs with 5000miles even with all my goodies after only 4 months and getting any more than between $8500- $9000 if I was lucky. Of course we are talking dealer and a private sale usually can ask more but I don't know hard to say. I would probably get $8000 for it considering I lost $3000 on my last bike in such short time...

Thanks for all the replies so far. Wow, I would think that the FJR is holding value more than that. I will take all into consideration.

Thanks for all the replies so far. Wow, I would think that the FJR is holding value more than that. I will take all into consideration.
Not to beat a dead horse, but mine was new in the crate for $10,199 (plus tax ; :angry: )last month, so the 5K mileage surely begs for some discounting. If he can get the $10K for it, more power to him, but probably won't from informed buyers. My .02

Last edited: