USofA '06 FJR has shipped!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

designeraccd

Reaction score
I woke up this morning to find an e-mail from my dealer that was sent late last night:

DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your bike has shipped!!!

946548 FJR13AVL 1 CHIC BEST WAY 03/29/2006 M06F01 STOCK IN-TRANSIT 01/25/06

I'll give Todd a call tomorrow morning at Brinks Trucking, and if they have it, I'll do everything I can to see to it that you get it. On the 31st. :)

I hope you're up this late to read this, as I know that you will sleep better.

Have a great night!

Paul

As it is 31 March and NOT 1 April I have to assume this oh-fish-ull lookinn note is for real and my bike is really on its way to my dealer...and then ME!!! Unfortunately today's weather forecast is for nasty weather and tomorrow I must be out of town. Oh well it does seem at l-o-n-g last the bikes ARE actually moving to the end user...us poor lil ol waiters! I wonder if Yamaha "relented" or if ALL the calls my dealer (North End Cycle, Elkhart, IN) placed on my behalf joggled somebody? Byron (owner) and Paul have been super about this which I have a hard time saying about Yamaha and their POO program. Take heart!!! DFO :D

WOW man! :clap: That is some exciting news. Keep us posted on the bike's delivery progress and especially your first impressions once you've ridden her. :D

Roger B

Great news...! I'm excited (for me) just reading that the FJRs are being shipped. Congrats and let us know soon as you ride the beast. :clap:

BAGGER

Hey Dennis, your post reminds me of my 5 month wait back in '03. You'll be glad you jumped through the hoops to get this bike. Congrats!!!

:assasin: Hey Dennis...Congratulations!

That's the best news all us waiters can possibly hear. Keep us posted on your actual delivery! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shwing has sprung!! Strange that the first report comes from the core of our beloved USA, I expected to hear from CA first. Im getting excited over here, thanks for the info.

Just got info from Tony @ Texarkana. He says the bikes and bags are in the warehouse. He's expecting they will ship today or tomorrow and arrive here early next week. He's not getting all of his March alotment though and the trunks and mounting kits aren't in yet.

So I'm looking at getting mine late next week. Of course, this is coinciding with NASCAR weekend here in FTW and I've got 30 or so friends comin down for the race. But they aren't staying with me so a trip to Texarkana will happen. I took Friday off so that'll prolly be the day! Can't wait!!!

Talked to my dealer's owner an hour or so ago and he is trying to get the trucking firm he uses to pick up the bike(in Chicago warehouse apparently...) and get it to him TODAY! Oh heart be still....after 6 l-o-n-g months. Too bad I won't be here tomorrow and its off and on rain, gusty winds today...I tell ya, itzah PLOT!!!! DFO :rolleyes:

designeraccd, sounds like your dealer is 100%, mine only knows what I tell him.

(sounds of me eating my heart out)

"Warehouse in Chicago" wonder how long it will take them to get down state. I'm certain that ship had more that one FJR on it. Well time to jack up the dealer again. :diablo: :diablo:

DENNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your bike has shipped!!!

946548 FJR13AVL 1 CHIC BEST WAY 03/29/2006 M06F01 STOCK IN-TRANSIT 01/25/06

I'll give Todd a call tomorrow morning at Brinks Trucking, and if they have it, I'll do everything I can to see to it that you get it. On the 31st. :)

I hope you're up this late to read this, as I know that you will sleep better.

Have a great night!

Paul
Dennis, can you tell us when you ordered it?

September or October?

Thanks

Ordered the very first day of the POO Program...err pdp. So Yamaha has had my $500 since Sept 28, '05 and I've had........... uh.... The fact that I hobbled in to the dealer with a "walker" due to my @ 3 week old new right hip didn't make it easy.

Hopefully this bike will be every bit as good as my '03 FJR but WITHOUT the blast furnace heat. If so I suspect the new FJR will be around a long time. As of now no return call from the trucking Co. so I rather doubt it will arrive today, altho NEC is sure trying...so it does arrive in March. We will see....... DFO :rolleyes:

Sure sounds like you have a dealer who is trying to go the extra mile for you, even if you don't get the bike until next week.

Thanks, designeraccd !!

I checked your user ID for a location and didn't see one. I just got off the phone with my dealer in San Diego, and he said they tend to get released in 'districts' and my guess is that you are in a different district than San Diego.

He called the mothership and was told April 10th - however, he said he wouldn't be surprised if it arrived late next week.

So - maybe I'll see Wonky next weekend, maybe I won't.

:D

I am at NEC as I type this: MY new BLUUU FJR was literally taken off the truck @ 25 minutes ago. It is currently being assembled! It is a very dark, deep blue....like it. Mine has the Metz rubber on it, well better than Dummlopps I hope, but I'm used to BS020s. Won't get to ride her tonight but at least I'll get my first sit! Oh heart be still....DFO :D

dang it...I've been trying not to think about it. I'm all excited again. I'm going to have to focus on other things. dang it... Now I'm thinking about that really hot gal at the Latte stand down the street. Better switch gears... Switch gears...ah crap...here we go again.

I am at NEC as I type this: MY new BLUUU FJR was literally taken off the truck @ 25 minutes ago. It is currently being assembled! It is a very dark, deep blue....like it. Mine has the Metz rubber on it, well better than Dummlopps I hope, but I'm used to BS020s. Won't get to ride her tonight but at least I'll get my first sit! Oh heart be still....DFO :D
It ain't there or real until we see some piccies. Word. ;)

My dealer in Texarkana sent me an email today that my FJR has also been received at the warehouse and should be delivered to the dealership monday and I can pick up around mid-week-

This is great news and also just sold my 2003 FJR so the timing couldn't have been better!

John

Just got info from Tony @ Texarkana. He says the bikes and bags are in the warehouse. He's expecting they will ship today or tomorrow and arrive here early next week. He's not getting all of his March alotment though and the trunks and mounting kits aren't in yet.
So I'm looking at getting mine late next week. Of course, this is coinciding with NASCAR weekend here in FTW and I've got 30 or so friends comin down for the race. But they aren't staying with me so a trip to Texarkana will happen. I took Friday off so that'll prolly be the day! Can't wait!!!
I also got an email from Tony and will likely see you Friday/or maybe Saturday (my drive is a little longer than yours as I am in Austin, TX).

Yea!

John

I also got an email from Tony and will likely see you Friday/or maybe Saturday (my drive is a little longer than yours as I am in Austin, TX).

Yea!

John
Hey John!

I've seen your name on the emails and wondered where you were. It has to be Friday for me now. My friend who is trailering it back home can't go Saturday. So I'm sure none of this will work out now that I have a plan!!

Hope to meet ya there though! I asked Tony where ours are comin from and he said our warehouse is in Atlanta. Wish I knew if it left there yet or not.

Latest posts