USofA '06 FJR has shipped!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sent an e-mail to my dealer and he replied:
Yamaha has just informed us that deliveries are about 3 weeks behind the original schedule. That means bikes that were scheduled for March are going to begin shipping around April 10th. This will put the first bikes here pretty late in April.They point out that the original dates were estimated ship dates but apoligize for any inconvienience.

This sux, my bike was scheduled for April.

Mike
On Saturday 3-25-06 my dealer showed me the same email from Yamaha which stated bikes would start shipping the week of 4-10-06. I was pissed & assumed i wouldn't see my bike until near the end of April, funny thing is mine was released last friday from Chicago & i picked it up last night. Keep the faith.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on getting your FJR; obviously the weather was OK? How many miles did you manage on the bike last night? Hopefully after a early evening meeting tonight maybe I'll still be able to get out for a little bit....maybe. DFO

rivgar,

I too ordered an 06 fjr from Columbia Motorsports. I was number 8 when I placed my order so I'm interested in the fact that Scott mentioned the 8 bikes ordered. I assume that is his first batch because I believe he told me he ended up with 14 or 15 orders total. Do you know what number you were?

BMort

Seattle FJRs are here. Just talked to the dealer who says two are arriving tomorrow. Didn't say one was mine, but at least they're showing up. It won't be long now...

rivgar,I too ordered an 06 fjr from Columbia Motorsports. I was number 8 when I placed my order so I'm interested in the fact that Scott mentioned the 8 bikes ordered. I assume that is his first batch because I believe he told me he ended up with 14 or 15 orders total. Do you know what number you were?

BMort
BMort,

Scott told me that I was at the top of the waiting list, but he did say that he was expecting and hopeful that 8 FJR-A's were being delivered all at once, so yours should be in that batch whenever they get there. I just wish I could get definitive delivery date from someone. :confused:

Another Connecticut waiter here, I am number 3 on the list at Libbys in New Haven. The owner there has told me he expects the first two bikes by the end of this week......of course he can not commit to any specific date, Yamamama is a secretive wench.

Well the WAIT is coming to an end! About time, the bike does seem to be really FUNtastic to ride, and now if our weather would just be kind enuff to warm up and dry out....maybe I could get some more miles on mine to further find out. How CRUEL izz that? Have the bike and the weather suxx. However, it is supposed to be sunny with a balmy 57F today b4 more rain Th-F...... Enyoy those nu, bluuu FJRs!! DFO :D

Yahoo!!! Picking up the bike today. Bags are not here yet, but bike is. Bags will take another week to arrive. It'll be 57 and slight chance of raintoday in Seattle, but its sunny from where I sit. The waiting is over.

Latest posts