Vader Version 2 point 0 - aka let's try this again...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

extrememarine

Reaction score
With all the excitement around the new '13's out there, I thought I'd stir the stew some for the Gen II crowd.

New (to me) '09 is in the garage now. This is a clean, 21k mile virgin Gen II specimen. That's about to change.

So much to do. So little time - I heard there's some flat, straight, boring roads in Ohio some fellas are going to explore in May.

Better get to work.

Tail section work - replaced rear wire sub harness to get rid of the posi-tap connects being used for the Admore light kit. (a beny of having a wrecked bike in the garage - I had a spare harness...). I have the FJR-specific Admore harness, which is installed now. Admore and SAE 12v power run out the tail section to connect to the Givi E52.

IMG_0406.jpg

Even though I have a Bluesea fuse block from the old bike, I wanted something a little more compact to allow space to store my tire pump in the tail section. I am working on re-using the OE fuse block from the old bike, with a barrier strip for the ground side. I will have 4 circuits out of the tail - heated gear x2, 12v to the Givi, and Audiovox cruise. The block has 2 more open slots for additional circuits if needed.

I pulled the mounting tab off the battery sub frame, cut it down to fit, and did a test fit. This will allow the fuse box to be pulled up and out (within the length of the amount of slack in the wiring).

IMG_0407.jpg

Fuse block on the mounting tab. My air compressor will store directly behind it, held in place by a strip of Velcro strap.

IMG_0408.jpg

PC-V from old bike installed after cutting out some of the plastic liner for clearance. The black/red wire will route to a switch on the front left panel - this give access to dual maps in the PC-V, switchable on the fly. I run a stock zero map and a version of the wally / uselesspickles smoothness map.

IMG_0413.jpg

Next up, front right fairing: a relay to power the rear fuse block tucked in front of the battery with a ready made harness, using a ignition on trigger (and a fuse 1 inch off the o-ring at the battery positive terminal). Also have to figure out power block for the front - probably will use the other OE fuse block set up in the glove box - it will run the RD, Zumo, and Starcom1

No picture, but the MCL riser is off and the Helibar triple is installed. Plugs, air filter, fork fluid ordered.

Two things I'm stuck pondering. First - Remus in carbon fiber or Titanium, and second Road Attacks or Angel ST's...

Only 136 days until that boring ride in Ohio...

So...yer sayin' the previous owner rode her 21k to church every Sunday and never broke her cherry?

It's a miracle!

Congrats Wayne...I'll see you in May...if but for a second before you disappear beyond the horizon. Now if there were only some roads in Ohio that weren't flat, straight and boring...oh well.

So...yer sayin' the previous owner rode her 21k to church every Sunday and never broke her cherry? It's a miracle! Congrats Wayne...I'll see you in May...if but for a second before you disappear beyond the horizon. Now if there were only some roads in Ohio that weren't flat, straight and boring...oh well.
Wheaton, are you saying there are no Twisties in Ohio? That can't be! That's Florida.
not_i.gif

So...yer sayin' the previous owner rode her 21k to church every Sunday and never broke her cherry? It's a miracle! Congrats Wayne...I'll see you in May...if but for a second before you disappear beyond the horizon. Now if there were only some roads in Ohio that weren't flat, straight and boring...oh well.
Wheaton, are you saying there are no Twisties in Ohio? That can't be! That's Florida.
not_i.gif
It is so boring that every year we hunt for twisty roads in May.

So far, all I can report back is "flat, straight, boring". But I'll try again this May...just in case this is our lucky year.

Wow! I had no idea! The best that we have here is some "slightly" rolling hills in Central Florida around the area just north of Orlando. It blows but, it's the best we have. And it's horse country. So to enjoy even that "Joke" that we call rolling hills, we have to put up with the smell of Horse Shit in the air that doesn't ever go away! So..... I WIN!!
smile.png

Wayne,

Glad to see you're having fun with the new bike...see you in 136 days, when we will again try and find something other than flat, straight and boring roads in SE Ohio.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the FJR specific Admore lighting harness and how does it attach to the bike?

I have an admore harness, but it terminates in bare wires and is posi-tapped into the tail light section..

Worth looking at; I like the Angel St's for a "sticky" tire, but life span is extreme short. Fun, but short. And the longer life statement could take some of the "fun" away - you tried a set yet??

Nice work Wayne.

On the tires, have you seen the write up on the new Angel GT? Supposedly all the great qualities of the STs but longer life...

https://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/sneak-peak-of-pirelli-angel-gt-tyres-at-bilbao-with-the-new-multisrada-1200-s-granturismo-0925122/

What is the FJR specific Admore lighting harness and how does it attach to the bike?

I have an admore harness, but it terminates in bare wires and is posi-tapped into the tail light section..
You have the generic Admore wiring harness - made to wire or tap into any bike / wire harness.

Admore sells a harness that has a T set up on it with OE style connectors that plug in to the FJR wire harness at the junction for the rear lighting sub harness. This is located behind the left side fairing, under the airbox cover. It gives you a simple, plug and play installation, and avoids the damage to the OE rear sub harness caused by the posi taps. Credit goes to Mr. HaulinAshe for the development, Admore has them in production now. Here is the info on it.

yes, I've been struggling with that. I'll probably have to trailer the bike over to the next tech day so Andy can provide subject matter expert guidance.

All that technical work and no Andy?? Somethings gonna go wrong now.
Wayne's gonna need help getting the battery hooked up, and Andy can provide testical assistance here.

yes, I've been struggling with that. I'll probably have to trailer the bike over to the next tech day so Andy can provide subject matter expert guidance.

All that technical work and no Andy?? Somethings gonna go wrong now.
Wayne's gonna need help getting the battery hooked up, and Andy can provide testical assistance here.
All y'all suck. Don't make me go all Petey on yer asses again.

Just sayin'...

aikido.gif

How's that old saying go again?

Where theirs smoke....

... theres Andy.

You may control the thunder, but geek controls the lightning.