Vader Version 2 point 0 - aka let's try this again...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All y'all suck. Don't make me go all Petey on yer asses again.

Just sayin'...

aikido.gif
Nothin' but love for the Geek...

Wow! I had no idea! The best that we have here is some "slightly" rolling hills in Central Florida around the area just north of Orlando. It blows but, it's the best we have. And it's horse country. So to enjoy even that "Joke" that we call rolling hills, we have to put up with the smell of Horse Shit in the air that doesn't ever go away! So..... I WIN!!
smile.png
those aren't hills. that's construction and overpasses.

Annette and I were talking the other night as she was inspecting the new chariot. I mentioned that I'd like to look into having a stripe put on this one like our '04 had. "You know, do something to make it stand out, to make it "special"."

Her response - "How about you do something special, like not crashing it."

Ya'll wonder why I go asphalt surfing so often...

Awesome Wayne! Try to keep this one a little longer, eh?
My guess is that is the Prime Directive.

You have the generic Admore wiring harness - made to wire or tap into any bike / wire harness.

Admore sells a harness that has a T set up on it with OE style connectors that plug in to the FJR wire harness at the junction for the rear lighting sub harness. This is located behind the left side fairing, under the airbox cover. It gives you a simple, plug and play installation, and avoids the damage to the OE rear sub harness caused by the posi taps. Credit goes to Mr. HaulinAshe for the development, Admore has them in production now. Here is the info on it.
Thank you very much for this info, I wasn't aware that admore had an FJR specific harness.. I just ordered it. Below is a picture of the connector (on the extreme right) you are referring to, correct?

i-gBqwz2n-XL.jpg

Mingo - looks like it; just follow the harness from the tail lights down the left side of the sub frame. It ends up right where you are looking. The Admore kit will have a loop in it that is used for a brake light modulator if you have one, otherwise it all will tuck in behind that area under the PCM & tray / fender liner.

You're on a Gen III? Did you ask Admore if it will work with the '13? Make sure you let us (and Admore) know.

Wayne

I'm pretty sure it will work, the above photo is from a Gen III. I ordered it and should have it soon.

Thanks for the info.

Worth looking at; I like the Angel St's for a "sticky" tire, but life span is extreme short. Fun, but short. And the longer life statement could take some of the "fun" away - you tried a set yet??

Nice work Wayne.

On the tires, have you seen the write up on the new Angel GT? Supposedly all the great qualities of the STs but longer life...

https://motorsportsnewswire.wordpress.com/2012/09/25/sneak-peak-of-pirelli-angel-gt-tyres-at-bilbao-with-the-new-multisrada-1200-s-granturismo-0925122/
I plan to, but have been unable to get my hands on a set yet.

Wow! I had no idea! The best that we have here is some "slightly" rolling hills in Central Florida around the area just north of Orlando. It blows but, it's the best we have. And it's horse country. So to enjoy even that "Joke" that we call rolling hills, we have to put up with the smell of Horse Shit in the air that doesn't ever go away! So..... I WIN!!
smile.png
those aren't hills. that's construction and overpasses.
You think Central Flori-duh sucks, try South Flori-duh (where I was exiled for 3 long years).

I used to make frequent Sat or Sun runs up to C FL to ride with some of the guys from the CFCycle group as they know pretty much every half decent road in C FL, and can ride, unlike oh so many folks in FL.

The closest thing resembling a hill (between Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando, 203 miles for me) was a smelly land fill somewhere half way up on I-95 and that was blocked off to traffic and didn't have any roads or I'd have tried it
mda.gif

"Alfred Pennyworth: Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up." -Batman Begins.

Great to see you farkling again, amigo!

I like the fact you get up to ride again..

Kudos!

smile.png

Got the falling down part, and the getting up part, now to master the not falling down part.

This episode produced some serious dicussion in our household. Motorcycling and riding is and has been in my blood for many years. I have fallen off and down many times, as many of us have. What I am blessed with is a wife who will not be the one to take something way that she knows I am so passionate about and means so much to me. That makes it even harder to continue riding as I know the inherint risk associated with riding. This has caused me to make adjustments to where and when I ride. In over 13k miles this year (not bad for a northerner, right?), every single close call and this crash happened during my commute to work (45 miles one way). In 4 trips out of state this year, I had zero incidents or close calls even - save for one large patch of gravel somewhere northeast of Hendersonville in the dark. That tells me I need to elimate the bike as a commuting tool. The money saved on fuel is not worth the thoughts that go through your head as you are sliding face down backwards into rush hour traffic. I have been blessed with an uncanny abiltiy for survival and a stubborn "retreat hell" attitude. Maybe those are closer to curses than blessings.

Wayne

"Alfred Pennyworth: Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up." -Batman Begins.

Great to see you farkling again, amigo!

I like the fact you get up to ride again..

Kudos!

smile.png

Got the falling down part, and the getting up part, now to master the not falling down part.

This episode produced some serious dicussion in our household. Motorcycling and riding is and has been in my blood for many years. I have fallen off and down many times, as many of us have. What I am blessed with is a wife who will not be the one to take something way that she knows I am so passionate about and means so much to me.

Wayne

It's great to see you farkling again and haven't given up riding. It's totally awesome to have a wife who gets it. Mine was happy I bought a bike so quickly after my dumb ass get off and she doesn't give me a hard time when I take off to ride. Her only concern was that I don't ride by myself anymore in the middle of nowhere. She also couldn't care less about my Friday proclivities. I'm a lucky guy.

I should probably stop banging her sister.

lady_zpsdcb32b4d.jpg

Dang. I'd fall down if she'd help me back up! Marty, you are bad.

<back to serious mode>

Wayne, glad you have a wife who cares about you. This year, your challenge is to get 12k to 15k miles in on weekend and longer trips. It's really fun, when every time you get on your bike...there is a chance for bigtime fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
For any GenI owners out there - Admore has a harness for our bikes as well. I got one of their early-production ones when I was installing my universal side-case lights (which I REALLY like, BTW). You hook into the GenI harness underneath the tail plastic towards the left-rear of the bike - I yanked the tail plastic to get to it when I did mine. Slick as hell.

Now THAT'S funny!

Her response - "How about you do something special, like not crashing it."

A few minutes to sneak out to the garage over the past few days has resulted in:

fastenerless (aka pvc glued) fenda extenda installation (what a deal from member "glory racing").

IMG_0444.jpg

And my Givi E52; battle scars are growing on me - might just leave it how it is. In removed the spliced in Admore harness and rear tail light sub harness; replace it with the harness from the wrecked bike and the Admore FJR harness. Admore kit is fully functional. Call this a "proof source" for product durability...

IMG_0446.jpg

I'm still working out details for the front and rear power blocks. I need 3 circuits out back (Givi 12v for cell phone and air compressor, heated gear x2) and 4 circuits up front (RD, GPS, Starcom1 & LED Fog/driving lights) - although I think I could run the RD and GPS off one fuse/circuit.