Vader Version 2 point 0 - aka let's try this again...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Serious business at hand now. The YA-707 is on it's way to Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville, NC for service. I started the take down of the forks from the wrecked bike last night - I'll extract the springs and cartridges to transplant into the new bike's forks. These are the HA Specials. Fork Oil ordered from Spectro.

Pair block off plates removed from old bike - sure is easy when it's just the frame and motor laying on a pallet...

Still in the planning stages for farkle 12v power. I need 3 circuits in the tail - heated gear x2, and Givi 12v outlet (for air compressor & cell phone charger). That will be a dedicated run from a relay up front. I need 4 circuits in the front - RD, Zumo, Starcom1, & LED lights. There will be an extra blade on the relay - I could connect the lights there. I am leaning towards using the OE heated grip circuit to run the RD, Zumo, & Starcom1.

Serious business at hand now. The YA-707 is on it's way to Fast Bike Industries in Hendersonville, NC for service. I started the take down of the forks from the wrecked bike last night - I'll extract the springs and cartridges to transplant into the new bike's forks. These are the HA Specials. Fork Oil ordered from Spectro.
Sounds great!

My forks and shock are finally on their way to Cogent as of yesterday. I look forward to what Cogent can do for me.
biggrin.png

I forget, are you installing the "dump fuel into injectors" afterburner electronic switch onto this bike?

My forks and shock are finally on their way to Cogent as of yesterday. I look forward to what Cogent can do for me.
biggrin.png

I forget, are you installing the "dump fuel into injectors" afterburner electronic switch onto this bike?
Good deal. Yes - the technical term for your question would be "PC-V fuel map switching". Zero map (for hwy mpg's) and custom smoovvvness power map for times I'm allowed to misbehave a little.

No afterburner required
nono.gif
- this is another '09 model - black wheels = +21hp over silver wheel equipped models.

No worries - looks like I'll be 2 up in May anyways - no way a loaded, 2-up FJR can get away from solo riders on a hilly, twisty flat, straight road...

biggrin.png

Good deal. Yes - the technical term for your question would be "PC-V fuel map switching". Zero map (for hwy mpg's) and custom smoovvvness power map for times I'm allowed to misbehave a little.

No afterburner required
nono.gif
- this is another '09 model - black wheels = +21hp over silver wheel equipped models.

No worries - looks like I'll be 2 up in May anyways - no way a loaded, 2-up FJR can get away from solo riders on a hilly, twisty flat, straight road...
Excellent...I look forward to seeing the Bat Flames shooting out of your Bat Cycle.

biggrin.png

No afterburner required
nono.gif

Ok cool...now maybe I'll be able to keep up with you

Ok cool...now maybe I'll be able to keep up with you
See, that's the secret weapon; the old bike actually handled better when we were loaded and two up than when empty. Pillion on the back seat is like traction control when you roll hard out of a corner, and it keeps the rear end planted under hard braking...

You GO Wayne. It's only money!
This is all stuff that survived the carnage of October... I think the spare wheels are going to get put on the market in order to fund a set of carbon whores.
Underfortunately, your '09 wheels are a no go on my 1st gen, else I'd help your financial plan.

Also that linkie no workie.