VStream windscreen?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TWN & Effjay,
Thanks for the review... I think the consistent thing I'm starting to see is that the shields that generate "cones of silence" (i.e. VStream and Cal. Sci, maybe some of the larger Cee Baileys, etc.) don't have much cooling airflow either... which means if you live in a place that gets hot during the summer, you'll probably want a shorter shield to flow some air to stay somewhat cooler.
Amen on that shorter shield for hot weather....actually I have a plus four Cee Bailey but find the Medium Cal Sci shield the "best" shield for hot weather....a fellow FJR'er I ride with has a "tall" CalSci shield that he loves.

Ride Safe,

Ron

Here in Indiana we are caught in a lousy weather pattern, 50 degrees and constant rain, so I have not had a chance to do a real evaluation yet.

I'm with you Shep. I'm next door here in Ohio and it's the same deal. Even the whole 10-day forecast is just miserable. I'm hoping it gets it out of its' system now, since we have a trip to the hills of WV planned for Memorial day weekend.

Glad to hear that those who've ponied up for the V-Stream are happy with it so far. I'm doing some of my own windshield experimenting currently. I bought my FJR used last fall and it came with the stock shield and the Yamaha Tall shield...tall shield installed. I picked the bike up in Missouri and it was pretty warm there when I left, and I was thinking that the tall shield would never flow enough air in the summer, but as I got closer to home (Ohio in October), the temps dropped about 40* and I was really appreciating the extra wind protection. Then we got some really nice weather here early this spring and I put the stock shield on. Definately more air flow, but I kinda got spoiled by the relative quiet behind the tall shield which I couldn't seem to get from the stocker. I added a tuning block but same answer. So now I'm trying the tall Yami shield with the tuning block to see if I can get some kind of happy medium. Man this weather sucks though. I'm still trying to get my new Traxxion Dynamics suspension dialed in, but just can't seem to get any significant saddle time in these days.

Man I'll be glad when it quits raining everyday.

Which would make it very interesting to see how the V-Stream works on an 06 seeing as the 06 has the vent just below the windshield area. BTW anyone with an 06 does this vent have the capability of opening and closing? Just curoius for winter riding.

Anyone planning on getting the V-Stream who owns an 06?

-=SF=-

TWN & Effjay,
Thanks for the review... I think the consistent thing I'm starting to see is that the shields that generate "cones of silence" (i.e. VStream and Cal. Sci, maybe some of the larger Cee Baileys, etc.) don't have much cooling airflow either... which means if you live in a place that gets hot during the summer, you'll probably want a shorter shield to flow some air to stay somewhat cooler.

i have some real interest in the v-stream, understand not available til end of may???

the vent is not adjustable, always open. dont think it will be a issue in cold as really cant feel air flow while underway. my understanding is its more to do with easing back pressure than providing air flow, although i dont ride with screen any higher than maybe inch or 2, never more than half way, way to loud.

Dangerous Dave,

I see you are in Dayton, not far from me at all. If you ever want to check the shield out, just send me an email and I would be glad to meet up and let you try it out.

Shep

[email protected]

I did this to my CeeBailey flip.

Shield-finished.jpg

I live on NC coast where summer is 95F and 110% humidity! Sounds to me like I might want to stick to the modified CB for 9 months, and switch to the VStream for Dec-Feb. Anybody agree?

I did this to my CeeBailey flip.
Shield-finished.jpg

I live on NC coast where summer is 95F and 110% humidity! Sounds to me like I might want to stick to the modified CB for 9 months, and switch to the VStream for Dec-Feb. Anybody agree?

Yup, I would concur. 'Cept you could experiment first by taping over the holes and see how it works in the winter, first.

...toe tappin'

...checking watch

...c'mon VStream...

Damn, waiting is a beotch :angry:

TWN,

Do you typically look over the shield? I'm also 6ft and can't stand to look thru , must look over. I went for an easy 100 or so mile ride yesterday and the stocker is making me go deaf. I still haven't heard what my bike sounds like....!

Ordered mine on Sunday. :clapping: Hope it is what I want. I may do a little experimenting with my CB after I get the V-Stream. For that matter, I may experiment with my stocker after moving to CA. Might be nice to have a shorty for sruising the coast. I'll let you all know what I think when I get the V-Stream. Weather just turned warm here. WIll be interesting to see how it is behind the new shield.

[SIZE=36pt]HAH!!!![/SIZE]

Wife called. VStream is sitting in my chair at home!

(
cough, cough)

oooooh, I think I am getting sick...

may have to leave early...

(
cough, cough)

hello Scab, you drove us all daft with your impatience, now get the v-stream on yer bloomin bike,go for a ride and give us all a report. You've got me toe-tappin here noo, what happened to,cough,cough, feelin sick,leavin early??

TAP-TAP-TAP, I'm dying here!! thank's in advance. Cheerio

Alex

Vstream ordered today from Gary McCoy. He's hoping they get to him by the end of the week.

I'm 9th on the list of 10 screens he ordered. He was betting #10 was on the phone waiting while I was ordering.

This shield better be good! If it is, I'll have 3 screens up for sale immediately.

+7" Ceebaileys, Yamaha +4", and '03 stocker.

If it is, I'll have 3 screens up for sale immediately.

Keep the stocker... chop it down, paint it black, and use it when the weather gets unbearably hot.
When it gets unbearably hot, I switch to the dirtbike. Not all that many days like that in New Jersey anyway, thank god.

If it is, I'll have 3 screens up for sale immediately.

Keep the stocker... chop it down, paint it black, and use it when the weather gets unbearably hot.
When it gets unbearably hot, I switch to the dirtbike. Not all that many days like that in New Jersey anyway, thank god.
+7 :blink: You must be really tall!

From the reading, it seems I'll be ordering a V Stream too...will Gary buy more? How about Jeff at Bike Effects?

Last edited by a moderator:
Orangevale, just a little insight on my +7.

I'm 5'10" with a 29" inseam. I was blessed with short legs and a longer torso, kinda equivilent to a 6 footer. Combine this with TWO bar risers equalling approx. 2" rise, and the +7 suddenly isn't as tall as it sounds. I can JUST look over the +7 screen in full up! That's why I can't wait to try this new one. Many people don't realize that bar risers bring your body up higher into wind, so a taller screen makes sense. I like the Ceebaileys +7 screen, but the noise IS starting to get to me. That's why I'm itching to try the V Stream now.

BTW......anyone hear from Gary McCoy yet? Just curious, he said he'd let me know by last Friday. No call yet.