VStream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone get a pillion's opinion of the Vstream? Enquiring minds want to... er... enquire.

Well now I see the answer in another thread. Duh!

Anyone try the Vstream with a [SIZE=36pt]TALL[/SIZE] pillion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Scab, What's the chance of some pics. Would like to see what it looks like on your bike.
GP

Just got back from a 1300 mile test drive. I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. It's late here now and I missed my wife...

Okay, finally back to the PC. Here's some pics.

IMG_0044.jpg

full down

IMG_0043.jpg

full up

IMG_0040.jpg

down, with some ugly mug sittin' on my bike

IMG_0039.jpg

up, with the same ugly baaaastarrd...

IMG_0038.jpg

up

IMG_0037.jpg

down

Still loving the screen.

On the trip up to Missouri, ran into some serious side gusts. The bike was leaning at an angle that would have prohibited the deployment of the sidestand - this while runnning straight - at 85-90. Under these conditions, no screen is much good. Side blasts suck.

Returning to AL, winds much calmer. Silence returned. This screen is so silent, I could now hear my $28 sony am/fm. It sounded so good, I permanently mounted it to my helmet with $10 speakers mounted inside. Cruisin' with tunes for less than $40. Cool.

I ran with the screen up at all times. I got used to the silence REAL fast. With screen full up, also rode with face shield up at all times. Nice little breeze, but nothing to create noise or bother eyes.

Now, if I can just get these bars back about another inch... This thing would cruise the super-slab like a Wing with its ass on fire.

Yesterday, I took the wife for a couple hours ride. She loves the screen also. She says much, much quieter. She too is able to ride with face shield up. We can actually communicate without the use of electronics. She says there is no buffeting on her helmet. She can now hear the tires contacting the road. She is a happy pillion.

While on the trip, most temps were moderate. Today, I rode with the temps at about 94. Still rode with it up. Plenty of breeze for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uh, Scabby? You do realize that exercising you miniature poodle by dragging it on it's leash while doing 70 on the FJR is not a good thing, right?

Oh, and pretty flowers ya gots there.

I have 8 x 10 glossies of the whole affair. Going on eBay in 5, 4, 3... :p

Yes, but the instructional video is PDP only. Now accepting orders...

Uh, Scabby? You do realize that exercising you miniature poodle by dragging it on it's leash while doing 70 on the FJR is not a good thing, right?

The flower bed was a present for the missus. Me and the boy built the whole thing while she was at work.

(If mamma is happy, life is easy)

Scab,

Excellent info:

“Yesterday, I took the wife for a couple hours ride. She loves the screen also. She says much, much quieter. She too is able to ride with face shield up. We can actually communicate without the use of electronics. She says there is no buffeting on her helmet. She can now hear the tires contacting the road. She is a happy pillion. “

My wife is demanding a better shield. Have to wait on the 06’s.

Thanks for posting. :p

I have 8 x 10 glossies of the whole affair. Going on eBay in 5, 4, 3... :p

Yes, but the instructional video is PDP only. Now accepting orders...

The flower bed was a present for the missus. Me and the boy built the whole thing while she was at work.

(If mamma is happy, life is easy)

But what about poor Fluffy?

"Fluffy", unfortunately, now has the appearance of a used feminine napkin.

...and she kept up through 60+ mph...

has anyone cut vents in the stock screen yet?

what did you use for a pattern?

how did it change the flow, noise etc..?

would you do it again?

derek

Well, picked up my bike at lunch- rear oil leak diff./ they did not clean the wheel! :angry2:

V stream waiting at home by the door! can not wait to enjoy the ride with it.

Sure is hot/humid here! can not wait to see if it is as good as the individual that helped develope it stated.

Based on the reports from those who have already received it. I'll be able to hear my voice activated radar dectector with out ear phones. :p

BTW those pirellies I put on are sweettttttttttt!