VStream

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:D Got my VStream in today. Only took a 20 minute ride and I was sold. This screen is awesome. Like riding a different bike. Quieter than my old 1st gen. Venture Royale. Had a Yamaha tall screen before.

Anyone replace a C Bailey's with a V Stream? I have a 4+3 with a flip on an '03, which is two inches shorter than the stock 04-05's. I am pretty happy with the C Bailey's but would like better if there is such a thing as better in the windshield dept.

Anyone replace a C Bailey's with a V Stream? I have a 4+3 with a flip on an '03, which is two inches shorter than the stock 04-05's. I am pretty happy with the C Bailey's but would like better if there is such a thing as better in the windshield dept.
I've got the same CB and have a V Stream on order.

I've got the same CB and have a V Stream on order.
2247302-plus1.gif
Mine's kinda scratched up, so I NEEDED to replace it anyway. Besides Honey, it will make it quieter for you and not knock your head around so much which will make things easier on your long, slender neck. Yeah, that's the ticket!
But seriously, who likes looking through the area at the bottom of the CB flip section? Pass....

I ordered straight from National Cycle. Bad move, but I was in a rush to get the screen to go on a trip. National Cycle will not compete with their distributors, so they only sell direct at full list. $199.74 to my door.

I think the patient and smart ones are contacting Gary McCoy at University Motors for a significant discount.

Just put an order for VSREEM screen for my FJR 06 :p :yahoo:

@ UNIVERSITY MOTORS

Last edited by a moderator:
After my Colorado getaway last weekend, and after giving the bike a deserved wash job, I decided to put on my Givi w/Saeng edging windshield. This was for no other reason than it's getting hot down here in the southwest. I've ridden with this combo for several thousand miles including a BBG Gold and really like it's overall performance. Having said that, I went for a ride today with the "old" setup. I think I was totally spoiled by the VStream last week. I don't ever remember the Givi to be that noisey or "buffety", but I found myself wanting to raise the shield way higher than I normally do to get the same (never did) type of performance I got from the VStream. Bottom line is I'm not changing back to the Vstream any time soon due to the temps here in N.M., but those of you still waiting for your's to show up will be rewarded with a great piece of work. For those of you wondering if you should pull the trigger.....................Do it! :clapping:

Mine showed up today and was on the bike 15 minutes later. Time for a test ride.

Hopped on the nearby freeway, brought it up to speed and started moving the screen up. Wow! That's some serious back pressure! Felt like someone was behind me pushing on the back of my helmet. This thing should really help develop those atrophied neck muscles.

It seems quieter than my CB, and much nicer to look through when necessary.

I think it will flow enough air fully down to keep things comfortable enough when it's hot, but I gotta address that back pressure thing. I think some tuning spacers are in order to tweak this into an awesome farkle.

Disclaimer- The test ride was all of about five miles.

TC,

I didn't experience the back pressure like you did, but then I never ride with any of my shields more than about half way up. Just seem wierd trying to push any size shield along at highway speeds in the bolt upright position. Just for the sake of aerodynamics I think you should have some attack angle on your windscreen to compliment the angle of the nosepiece portion of the fairing. Besides it looks funky and I just don't trust those plastic bolts all that much! Maybe your tuning spacer idea will be the ticket. Good luck!

Hell, I've had the thing fully up at over 100 MPH. I get ZERO back pressure at any speed and with the screen at any number of settings.
O.K, what kind of helmet? Does it have a spoiler like mine? Maybe that's what's catching the air:
DSC01314.jpg

I use a Schuberth C-2 flip-up helmet. It has what you would call a smaller version of the helmet ridge ( or Spoiler ) yours has. I understand what back pressure is all about....if you've had a C Bailey +4+3 like I have you know about back pressure. My Cal Sci tall screen had no back pressure and my VStream has none as well.

Toe, that is Eve. Evidently your birthday gift was subpar. She's now sittin' back there smackin' the hell out of the back of your head. You only have 365 days to think about that ...

Really, try another helmet. I use a cheapo Vega with no spoiler on it. I have hit 120 with the screen full up. NO back pressure. Heck, I've pulled a trailer at 110. No back pressure.

Just how BIG is your head?

edit: Do you by chance have a trunk?

Hell, I've had the thing fully up at over 100 MPH. I get ZERO back pressure at any speed and with the screen at any number of settings.
O.K, what kind of helmet? Does it have a spoiler like mine? Maybe that's what's catching the air:
DSC01314.jpg

I see the problem. Shoei has a recall on all RF1000's with the model designation "374". I believe they solved the problem starting with model #375. :p

BTW....just got mine today. I'm heading out tonight for a ride to see if the hype is in fact, fact.

Sure looks fugly on there, so it better work.