Want less heat and better performance too?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I emailed Holeshot from a link on their website to see if their full system had been installed on an '06 yet and if the PC map was available for the '06, but have not received a reply after about 2 weeks now. Does anyone know if the full system is ready for the '06?
too_many_hobbies
I emailed Hotshot, posing the question are they sure their 05 headers would fit an 06....Dale's reply was " unless they've changed something, it will fit".

Huh? Well, no shit shirlock......Obviously, he doesn't know, nor care to check it out on my behalf.....so I posted that question in here and got the answer "Yes, an 05 will fit an 06".

I'm still gonna wait to make sure..............I don't wanna be the first one to venture into the UNKNOWN...

First decent ride with Holeshot Headers + Slip Ons

Heat: Lot's less. I only hit 4 bars twice on an 85 degree day. Tank/frame seemed noticeably cooler. No leg heat at all. Note that I also added Water Wetter to the antifreeze during the swap for the headers.

Sound: Noticeably louder to me anyway. At idle it is louder than just the slip ons. When you hit the throttle it gets louder, and peaks at around 5K RPM, where it is very loud. Overall, the sound/note changes as well. Slip ons only produce a 'growl' type sound. Slip ons + headers produce more of a wallowy growl type sound. I'm not very pleased with the sound right now, but I am going to give it time to grow on me.

Power: I cannot discern any change in power.

Response: With reduced backpressure, there is a little low end lag, like the bike is lean. I changed the CO settings using diagnostic mode. It did seem to make a difference.

I'll post more after my first truly spirited ride in the twisties.

dgfella

I emailed Holeshot from a link on their website to see if their full system had been installed on an '06 yet and if the PC map was available for the '06, but have not received a reply after about 2 weeks now. Does anyone know if the full system is ready for the '06?

too_many_hobbies
I emailed Hotshot, posing the question are they sure their 05 headers would fit an 06....Dale's reply was " unless they've changed something, it will fit".

Huh? Well, no shit shirlock......Obviously, he doesn't know, nor care to check it out on my behalf.....so I posted that question in here and got the answer "Yes, an 05 will fit an 06".

I'm still gonna wait to make sure..............I don't wanna be the first one to venture into the UNKNOWN...
[SIZE=14pt]AGAIN...[/SIZE]

too_many_hobbies

[SIZE=24pt]TurboDave pulled his off his 05' and put it on his 06', exactly the same.[/SIZE]

Have they come out with a PowerCommander for the 06' yet?

too_many_hobbies

I reckon they ain't exactamento the same.

They are different as the passenger pegs have moved and the swing arm is longer. IE the hangers are in a different place and the connector pipe has to be a different curve to allow correct emplacement.

TD where are you when we need you!

too_many_hobbies

They are different as the passenger pegs have moved and the swing arm is longer. IE the hangers are in a different place and the connector pipe has to be a different curve to allow correct emplacement.

They ARE interchangable from '05 to '06. So is the Muzzy system. The only adjustment is position of the slip on bracket. Very easy.

too_many_hobbies

They ARE interchangable from '05 to '06. So is the Muzzy system. The only adjustment is position of the slip on bracket. Very easy.
OK

And YES, POWER COMMANDERS FOR THE 06 FJR ARE OUT
https://www.powercommander.com/buynowbike.shtml
Have we got a "smoothness map" yet?

Last edited by a moderator:

too_many_hobbies

You won't be the first. Some have already taken this step.

I just can't believe you would dis a 5 times world champion motorcycle drag race champion. He is one of the most stand up guys in the industry. Like you are the only one in the world with a question. And if you would have read a post above you it does fit. I have one of the first set of cans and now a full system and Dale has installed them virtually for nothing. He also had mine put on dyno for a custom map in which he paid for out of his pocket. I am a nobody, all he knew about me is that I wanted his product. But I guess you da man! Oh yea, he has forgotten more about motorcycles than you will ever know with an attitude like this.

You won't be the first. Some have already taken this step.I just can't believe you would dis a 5 times world champion motorcycle drag race champion. He is one of the most stand up guys in the industry. Like you are the only one in the world with a question. And if you would have read a post above you it does fit. I have one of the first set of cans and now a full system and Dale has installed them virtually for nothing. He also had mine put on dyno for a custom map in which he paid for out of his pocket. I am a nobody, all he knew about me is that I wanted his product. But I guess you da man! Oh yea, he has forgotten more about motorcycles than you will ever know with an attitude like this.

I have had the honor of talking performance theory with Dale many times. He wants 100% customer satisfaction and does what he has to do to to achieve that. Many times when a customer buys a fuel management product or header, if they show any doubt about their ability to install it, he asks when they are installing it. then he surprises them with a phone call during the install to see if they need tips or advice. Tuesday, Sunday, whatever day it is- that doesn't matter. He also has a great mind for tuning. He "just gets it". The quality of his products are top-notch too.

One thing about increased noise- two rules of thumb: 1. If you replace a stock can and/or header with a higher performance aftermarket can and/or header, it WILL be louder. Rule 2: See rule 1 and remember it before you buy it. The extra power comes from less restriction in the exhaust system and the corresponding better fuel management that comes with it. Less restriction comes, in part, from less sound baffling. The header will make a bigger difference because you are eliminating the cats which quiet things down quite a bit.

I have grown to love the sound. My first change was a set of D&D's, famous for being on the loud side. They didn't sound much different than other hi-perf bike systems. The header system is a whole different sound, and though it takes getting used to, it is unique, like the bike, and I've come to really like it.