West Coast Cruise festival @ Fairlaners???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To The Royal Reigning Duchess of Scottsdale - Fairyland, Her Eminence, The Divine SkooterG (who won't see this Forum post until she awakens at 10 AM): Greggie, if you and GS Jane wanted to ride over and back, and party hearty, with Donna and I, you are more than welcome to ride along with us. We will leave Donna's house in Chandler at 0730 on Friday, make a brief stop in Orange, CA to bring lunch in to my 88 year old Mom Veda and check into the Super 8 on Sepulveda Blvd., Torrance. We will party with Richard, Smitty and others at Fairlaner's palatial mansion until we reach a drunken stupor and then take a cab back to the hotel. Next morning, Donna and I will walk if its close enough, or take another taxi, to the beach pier restaurant that Wolfhound has recommended to us. Return to Senor El Rhickey Roo's house around Noonish.
Donna's never seen Palm Springs, so we are forgoing San Diego on this trip; she wants to be back in Chandler by dark.

We're staying Saturday night in Palm Springs at Motel 6. We plan on a nice evening dinner and shopping for Donna on Sunday morning in ritzy old money part of Palm Springs, along with brunch. On the road by 1300 hours back to Arizona.
Fairlaner: Put 2 more dishes at the table on Friday. GSJane is riding over with Donna & I; and she's bringing her "girlfriend!"

I met Fairlaner, Smitty, and Larry yesterday. Did not get a CC installed, but maybe next time. Smitty is a master at work. He makes it look so easy, and I know that it is not. Thanks, Fairlaner, for being a great host for a few hours! You are welcome to drop by my garage anytime!

Tom

You a reminder guys....The tool tray under your seats need to be clear for the CC install as part of the CC gets installed there....

If Smitty has to move a bunch of stuff it will slow him down and cost you more.

R
Guess who was the Bozo that did not have his tool tray clear :( A big thanks to Smitty for doing the install and Richard for hosting and most of all thanks for putting up with the dumb things I did today :lol:

Guess who was the Bozo that did not have his tool tray clear :( A big thanks to Smitty for doing the install and Richard for hosting and most of all thanks for putting up with the dumb things I did today :lol:
Hope you didn't cross the blue line on the garage floor!

Dropped my bike off this morning then had the novel experience of riding home on the back of Andy's bike. I realized that I haven't ridden bitch for more than a few miles, since we were kids. The freeway was 'interesting'. I would have told him he was going too fast, except that he kept it well below the speed on on the way there. :rolleyes: The back seat sure feels different to the front seat.

Looking forward to getting my bike back tomorrow, with the CC installed.

Jill

Hope you didn't cross the blue line on the garage floor!

Dropped my bike off this morning then had the novel experience of riding home on the back of Andy's bike. I realized that I haven't ridden bitch for more than a few miles, since we were kids. The freeway was 'interesting'. I would have told him he was going too fast, except that he kept it well below the speed on on the way there. :rolleyes: The back seat sure feels different to the front seat.

Looking forward to getting my bike back tomorrow, with the CC installed.

Jill
Funny story. I also took a rider home at about 9pm in the middle of the storm riding 2-up from Torrance to Chino Hills. We both see a car coming directly at us hydoplaining and it spins in the middle of the freeway just to our right! It was a long interesting ride home and all I can say was I was very happy to have the bi-xenon lights for better visability in the rain. I also turned on the heated seat and accidently turned it on high and not low. I had to pull over and turn it off because I lost feeling in my ass. Richard was an awesome host.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill your bike is done.... We currently have no bikes in the garage needing work.

I am going to take him on a tour in the morning before Duff gets here then it is back to work.

Brett if you read this tonight be as early as you can tomorrow and you should be able ride it to the hotel tomorrow night.

R

10 down 4 to go

Richard, you're a freakin slave driver!

When I get there tomorrow it's 'five o-clock somewhere' for the rest of the night!

So that's what the blue line is for - Richard stands behind it with the whip, and his slave works feverishly, churning out bikes with cruise controls.

We'll be back tomorrow, to collect the bike and hang out with you guys. See ya.

Jill

PS Will you let Smitty sleep tonight, or will you be out trolling the streets of Torrance, looking for bikes for him to work on?

Gunny +1 to 'five o-clock somewhere' from my twerpy headed little friend! You would think that at my advanced senile age I would not get excited by an upcoming ride. Yet, its 0130 hours in the darkness and I'm up and futzing around the garage.

Double checked under the seat, tool tray is free and clear. Richard, what is this talk of rain from 2006FJR? You know we Zonies will melt like the Wicked Witches of the East if it rains on us! See you this PM SOCAL FJR Riders. PARTY HEARTY!!!

Richard, if you need to know the time/route status of SkooterG, GSJane, GF Donna and myself: My cell phone is always on and the number is 602-722-0427. We will stop at the Super 8 first and then get my "Lucy Liu" to your house posthaste. Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone... 14 cruise installs :assassin: and a top clamp since Tuesday noon till 1pm today :clapping: ... My hands a sore along with my back... Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!!

Thanks again, Smitty :yahoo:

Thanks everyone... 14 cruise installs :assassin: and a top clamp since Tuesday noon till 1pm today :clapping: ... My hands a sore along with my back... Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!!
Thanks again, Smitty :yahoo:

You can use the installation $$ for an expensive massage and back cracking from Gertrude, ja?

Und motofahre auf dem BMW GS, ja?

Smitty my cruise is working perfectly and the install looks like it came from the factory.......the only thing the bike really needs.......Richard made it a fun time, and I even got pizza!......it just doesn't get better than that.........lol........although I was busted a few times for going over the blue line.........

Larry L.

Smitty my cruise is working perfectly and the install looks like it came from the factory.......the only thing the bike really needs.......Richard made it a fun time, and I even got pizza!......it just doesn't get better than that.........lol........although I was busted a few times for going over the blue line.........
Larry L.
Ditto all that. Thanks Smitty and Richard (and Karen).

Gary K.

Great fun, Best folks, and the Scotch was excellent too!

Took back roads back to the ranch, left Torrance 0900'ish, home at 2130!

Very good to old friends again and meet new ones too!

Good job Fairlaner! :clapping:

Thanks, Smitty; the cruise control worked fantastic on the ride back to Arizona and the installation was so very professional!

Thanks for the very warm and wonderful hospitality Richard and Karen. Always a pleasure to drink your fine Scotch with the President of the Candy Butt Association. I'll keep the Throttlemeister bar ends on just to continue to piss SkooterG off!

Grateful thanks to Richard and Karen, and to Smitty. I love my cruise control already.

We had a wonderful evening, in the very best of company. It's just as well that the extensive discussion of vaseline didn't make it onto the webcast of the installation. For those who missed it, you HAD to be there to appreciate how hard we laughed.

Jill

Well, I am back home in Hooterville, Mo... It is spitting snow and a warm temp of 31 deg. Airports were busy, but went smooth. The only problem was when I dropped a hand full of change at the TSA check... I left it not to hold up the line.. Then a few minutes later a nice lady hands me a fist full of change and said I think this belongs to you.. Them left coasters are all right... then I sat next to her on the plane.... She was from Missouri... go figure. :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks again, Smitty