WFO-9 LOCATION !!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know how you folks resent the parkage of other machines in your midst, but I really don't have much of a choice (bigger and better GL1800 or funkadelic V-Strom what's left inmy stable), so if I show up (at least for the vintage rider breakfast), you gonna make me park 'down the street' or what? :rolleyes:
Bob, how great to see you post. Y'know, once your a member of the FJR clan you are always a member, no matter what your ride of choice.

IIRC, there was very little issue with your GoldWing at Park City so I wouldn't foresee any problem this time, either. It'll be great to see you again.

Hmmmmm, let's see...IIRC, you should be a charter member of the Vintage Riders! :rolleyes:
Great to hear from you Mike. So far I've missed the Vintage Riders breakfasts. I was doing the parking lot Nazi duty in Park City and I missed it again at the NAFO 'cause I just came back from the SS1k (that was a real hoot), so if I make it this year, it will be my first. I missed the second Moscow WFO because I did the Great Lakes Challenge and some other stuff. Hope I can make it so I can see you and my other friends. Maybe that Turbo guy, what's his name, oh yeah, Dave :lol: will buy me breakfast...

We will save a special spot in the parking lot for a Vintage Winger. I hope you can make it for the fun.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great to hear from you Mike. So far I've missed the Vintage Riders breakfasts. I was doing the parking lot Nazi duty in Park City and I missed it again at the NAFO 'cause I just came back from the SS1k (that was a real hoot), so if I make it this year, it will be my first. I missed the second Moscow WFO because I did the Great Lakes Challenge and some other stuff. Hope I can make it so I can see you and my other friends. Maybe that Turbo guy, what's his name, oh yeah, Dave :lol: will buy me breakfast...

Bob,You Ole Coot from the Mountains, I promise to buy your breakfast if you show up. Would be great to see you again and ride a Suzukii VStrom. I do that often these days but it is only a "girly Wee 650cc"

Well fellas, I didn't have any big plans this year for rides and then I thought about WFO or NAFO so I checked it out and there's a lot of nice country between Denver and Eureka, so I'm sure getting serious about tiddling out that way, especially since that Turbo guy offered to buy me breakfast (cup-o coffee and sticky bun will do just fine).

Now the big decision, except whether to go or not, is what to ride. I'm leaning towards the GL1800 and camper. A nice campground along the way sure beats a cheap motel. Of course once I get there, it'll be motel time. OTOH, that V-Strom is a lot of fun in the twisties :)

Bob, get yer tail signed up ~!~!

You can ride anything you want. You can even park with all of those FJR's out there.

Be good to see you again !

Hal

What's the pace of these rides? I'm slow and I've never been to any FJR forum rides.
slowpoke, just don't get into an FJR riding group with a bloke that has a heavy Norwich, England accent; Just saying! You can ride with my Son Seth (13) and I, we take it easy. Cell is 480-440-4666.

What's the pace of these rides? I'm slow and I've never been to any FJR forum rides.
Depends on who you meet up with at the event. To be clear...they're not organized rides sponsored by the forum or WFO....but some routes offered up by folks who have ridden the area before. Usually, people get to know each other the night before and ride groups sort of coalesce.

Or you can finalize your Last Will and Testament and ride with Fairlaner!!!
The guy does know how to get the most out of an FJR, that's for damn sure.
Very well spoken tcfjr and truer words were never uttered! Richard certainly does get his monies worth out of his "Black Beauty" FJR; dollar for dollar, he gets maximum RPM/MPH usage out of his FJR!

Q: I'm seriously toying with making the trek to the far side. I've always wanted to see the Redwoods. I'm going to have to play it by ear though so I won't be registering. Just curious if the accommodations are large enough to accept a wayward traveller without to much hassle?