WFO-9 LOCATION !!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please pardon my new guy ignorance. Is this open to anyone? I usually get two weekends off from April to the end of September and I want it to be one of them. Thanks!

I was a newbie at WFO-8 in Moscow last year. You'll have a blast and you won't be the only newcomer. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrichstrom, and I know your first name is not Rich.. I rode with

the group that toured out to Elk River, hot assed day, I still owe

you some beers, that cold case disappeared in 20 minutes,

the Eppersons and Smiths helped hoist a few!

So, come on down to Eureka!, be sure to bring some cold weather

gear, some mornings its 52 deg and a wet fog, in JULY!!

Free Air Conditioning!!

FWFE

Please pardon my new guy ignorance. Is this open to anyone? I usually get two weekends off from April to the end of September and I want it to be one of them. Thanks!
We were all newbies, once. My God, it seems like a loooong time ago for some of us!

That's what these gatherings are for: meet other owners, make friends, find others who live in your geographical area, basically enjoy yourself.

Oh yeah, you get to put a face on the many handles and personalities you only read on this and other websites.

[SIZE=8pt]And you'll learn which owners to stay away from because they're trouble. Like Fairlaner and SPU. TurboDave is the gem of the lot of us.[/SIZE]

By all means, watch for the post about registration and sign up.

Thats how nasty rumors get started Michael..........even in your little grey hard to read writing.

and for the new guy I will be at the bar waiting for you.....

And Mike i finally got round to posting video from out NorCal ride last October....Titlow Hill Road amongst others.

HERE

R

:rofl:

You know, Iggy should collect the pictures I've been posting and your video and compile them on the Registration or planned "Rides" thread, just to give people a flavor of what's in store for those riding @ WFO.

We, who visit this "motorcycle riding mecca" yearly are truly blessed and fortunate!

Of course, riding these roads with friends and memories of friends past: Priceless!

I have 23 minutes of Titlow Hill road that i am putting into 4-5 videos....54 mile goat trail.

R

Thats how nasty rumors get started Michael..........even in your little grey hard to read writing.

And Mike i finally got round to posting video from out NorCal ride last October....Titlow Hill Road amongst others.

HERE

R
Very nice video, Fairlaner. Could really "feel" lean angle in the tight twisties! Beautiful country, can't wait. WFO for Stanley Boys will be after a week of riding Oregon!

HERE

R
Hey Richard I just looked at your video tittled Highway 99.

I have been up and down that road many times and it never looked that good.

Me thinks it looks a lot more like Hwy 96 out of Yreka.

HERE

R

FJRkid said:

HERE

R

Any Idea when Hotel Registration will happen? The prices right now are out ragous

HERE

R

Something wrong with that vid, Richard. Looks like you filmed it at 33-1/3 and played it back at 78! ;)

HERE

R

If it's Hwy 99, there were a hell of a lot of drivers who must have come up one of the offramps going the wrong way. Damn California drivers!

HERE

R

Changed it.......

I wondered why i never got to Fresno.......

R

HERE

R

Something wrong with that vid, Richard. Looks like you filmed it at 33-1/3 and played it back at 78! ;)

Ummmm maybe thats what it is Mike. I think the cars we passed in some of the clips were actually going backwards..

R

I just reserved a room for SW-FOG 2010 and then I see WFO and then SFO. How am I gonna keep up with all these great rides? I need more money, more time off. I am gonna lose my job and spend all my money, oh my!

Decisions, decisions.............tick tock, :unsure:

Wrichstrom, and I know your first name is not Rich.. I rode withthe group that toured out to Elk River, hot assed day, I still owe

you some beers, that cold case disappeared in 20 minutes,

the Eppersons and Smiths helped hoist a few!

So, come on down to Eureka!, be sure to bring some cold weather

gear, some mornings its 52 deg and a wet fog, in JULY!!

Free Air Conditioning!!

FWFE
Yeah my slow poke ass will be there, and I will avoid Grants Pass where you guys hit the 110 degree weather (something horrible like that) on the way up. It must have been like a cool spell for you and Brodie (the elk striker!!) and all the others in Moscow after that heat on the ride up. Eureka will be great after some of the summer heat here in central Washington.

One of my best memories riding on the Northern California coast though is in Crescent City where the seals/sea lions, or whatever those darn things, are that chase you off the boat docks in the bay. I guess they are f&*(^ing sea lions who eat a bunch of the salmon in the Columbia River just below Bonneville dam.

Sounds like fun to share some beer with some great folks. Might have to share some good scotch also.

By the way thanks for the lucky $2 bill from the Moscow gathering.

Chris

I just reserved a room for SW-FOG 2010 and then I see WFO and then SFO. How am I gonna keep up with all these great rides? I need more money, more time off. I am gonna lose my job and spend all my money, oh my!
The joys and pitfalls of owning a great supersport tourer...

How am I gonna keep up with all these great rides? I need more money, more time off. I am gonna lose my job and spend all my money, oh my!
The joys and pitfalls of owning a great supersport tourer...

Anticipation... does shiver me timbers, can't wait for a sit down B-fast at the Samoa Cookhouse on the first morning after arrival at Rally Central in Eureka. Maybe a ride afterwards up through McKinleyville, toward "the BIG goon", Trinidad, and the headwaters of the Klamath?

No Wait, I gott's to check out the areas near the Wooley Booley in the Trinity Alps?

...Sh-t I'm going to need to drag a pack mule! Where's my saddle rifle? Thank God for the Van Duezen, the Eel rivers (full of trout), or Whiskeytown Reservoir for a dip & a cool down. Oh, and the Santiago Calatrava foot bridge in downtown Redding is a sight! Too much to do, too little time ! :dribble: :dribble:

+1 for Samoa Cookhouse, we need to meetup there for sure. I love the area, the weather I am use to it. I just don't like the wind on the coast sometimes , it can be wicked.