WFO Banquet

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From the numbers It looks like the idea of missing the banquet is sinking in.
As long as we don't have to sit with the guy whose on that list right next to us, we'll be fine. :lol:
I hear he likes to play dominoes during dinner :D

From the numbers It looks like the idea of missing the banquet is sinking in.

As long as we don't have to sit with the guy whose on that list right next to us, we'll be fine. :lol:
I hear he likes to play dominoes during dinner :D
In the parking lot. :lol:
Dominoes in the parking lot with my hero, vectervp1. At the table? Tiddlywinks. Bonus points for landing in full wineglasses! :lol:

We probably should place this particular table of attendees waaaaaaaaay in the back corner, for, um, safety's sake....

:lol:

Ignacio, I must ask is there going to be a corkage charge if we bring to the banquet our own bottle of wine? I arranged this at WFO-2. If I remember, I had a couple bottles at WFO-3. How much of a charge, if any? :unsure:

Speaking of BYOB, will we be allowed to drink outside with the bikes this year?

Some of the best Bench Racing was out in the parking lot in previous WFOs. The heat might keep us inside, or not, this year, but I'm seriously considering a trip to Costco for a flat of brew to stack on the Tanji cell and bring to Reno. At $4.50 inside during the banquet, I'll be the picture of moderation. :glare:

Ignacio, I must ask is there going to be a corkage charge if we bring to the banquet our own bottle of wine? I arranged this at WFO-2. If I remember, I had a couple bottles at WFO-3. How much of a charge, if any? :unsure:
I'll ask when I have my phone call returned from the banquet staff.

Speaking of BYOB, will we be allowed to drink outside with the bikes this year?
Some of the best Bench Racing was out in the parking lot in previous WFOs. The heat might keep us inside, or not, this year, but I'm seriously considering a trip to Costco for a flat of brew to stack on the Tanji cell and bring to Reno. At $4.50 inside during the banquet, I'll be the picture of moderation. :glare:
I'd check with Madmike2 on this one when I get there.

I'd check with Madmike2 on this one when I get there.
We'll have to check with the hotel staff. At this point I don't know their laws or policy about this. Maybe we can because it is a specific area for WFO, but it will depend upon the hotel.

Regardless, we will have to police ourselves...including NOT leaving bottles and cans laying about like at Skagit last year (I know, I was one that was picking up after "adults" who thought their mother/wife was along to clean up after them.).

Regardless, we will have to police ourselves...including NOT leaving bottles and cans laying about like at Skagit last year (I know, I was one that was picking up after "adults" who thought their mother/wife was along to clean up after them.).
You weren't the only one picking up empties. In that regard we certainly could have done better, but since that was also a designated event drinking area, a trash can or two in the parking lot would have improved things. I recall it being a little walk to find one at each end.

If we can drink outside, I will try and make sure there is a large trash can or two present and conveniently located. <_<

You weren't the only one picking up empties. In that regard we certainly could have done better, but since that was also a designated event drinking area, a trash can or two in the parking lot would have improved things. I recall it being a little walk to find one at each end.
If we can drink outside, I will try and make sure there is a large trash can or two present and conveniently located. <_<
Yep, Eric, I saw you and a couple of others doing the same. Its already on my list to ask about trash receptacles. I think at least 4, as the area is so large.

The deadline for the reduced banquet rate has passed I've got 167 banquet attendees...with 146 of those attending both nights. If you've paid PayPal, I've received a check, or made rare and special arrangments as of 23:20 PDT, Sunday, July 23rd, your name should be on the list. If for some reason you're not and you have read the previous bolded information and digested it....you may PM me to figure things out.

If you haven't paid....I'm going to be around until Tuesday evening and will try and do one final update before I leave. I you don't catch me by then....it's iffy whether you're going to be able to be in the dinners. I have to turn counts in 2 days prior--which means Friday's meal Wednesday and Saturday's meal Thursday.

Time to get the grub on.

wfomealssun.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They do have the option, but it's fairly steep at $17. See a PM to you.

They do have the option, but it's fairly steep at $17. See a PM to you.
Well Scrape... just bring a bigger bottle. I'll bet the lady with the bottle would look good after you finished it.
az02.jpg

Ed, depending on what we're going to be drinking it might still be a bargin. How, though, do I get anything worth drinking up 395 without it boiling!

Ignacio, my name should be on the list, please see PM. Thanks.

SouthernFJR Posted Yesterday, 05:00 PMWell Scrape... just bring a bigger bottle. I'll bet the lady with the bottle would look good after you finished it.
I've been really screwed before and know what you mean, but give me a break before she breaks the bottle. Maybe the bottle could fit. :whistle:

MCML Posted Yesterday, 09:03 PM Ed, depending on what we're going to be drinking it might still be a bargin. How, though, do I get anything worth drinking up 395 without it boiling!
MCML, I pondered the very same thought. I have about 21 cases under the house and are too good to chance transporting any of it to WFO, so tonight MsNASCAR and I decided to leave it at home (house for sale) and stop by Costco when we get into Reno.

Costco is a good solution. I picked up a magnum of the Phelps Insignia there not too long ago and the have some wonderful inexpensive vino, too - eg the St Michelle riesling for around 5 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.