What are you paying for insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim T

Reaction score
Just got my insurance bill and they whant $456 for a year. Is this in line with what you are paying. Clean driving & riding record. This is with Farmers Ins.

Just got my insurance bill and they whant $456 for a year. Is this in line with what you are paying. Clean driving & riding record. This is with Farmers Ins.
double check your bill, I'd wager it's for 6 months. Farmers just jacked my rates even higher because of a ticket in Montana :angry: I couldn't tell you what I pay a year on the FJR tho.

I pay 75 clams a year.....it's only liability, though.....I'm a dumbass.

$477 for 12 months (100K/300K coverage with UM etc.).

Insurance agent apologized for the high premium, blaming it on the fact that I only got my learners permit a week ago.

(I've been riding for 20+ years in the UK, but have just returned to riding since moving stateside a few years ago).

Got my policy documents through today and noticed there is no discount for passive security system that I have installed, nor ABS.

Since my car premium gets these items discounted, I will be calling her on Monday!.

I just checked my bill and the $456 is for a year. It looks like it is a little high but not way out of line. Thanks for the reply.

$320/yr with State Farm. I do have all my vehicles and home with them. Your location will affect the cost as well.

Bodily injury $100K / 300K

Property Damage Liability $100K

Medical Payments $2K

Uninsured Motorist $100K / 300K

Towing and labor

Comp and collision

My total is $536 a year with a $250 deductible. I also have my auto at Geigo.

Progressive just lowered mine due to a good record ;) My $500 deductable is now only $387 and with FULL (100/300) coverage on my 2005 FJR I only pay $287 a year.

No complaints here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, there must be a lot of Old Farts on this forum to have so many under $500 a year for full coverage. :p

Your all very lucky. I saw this post and called my statefarm agent. I've been with them for 25years and perfectly clean record. I'm paying $800.00 a year 100/300 500hundred deductable. She told me that AZ is one of the highest MC insurance states in the country beacause of the crappy midwest snowbird drivers :angry:

Here in AUS I pay $490 with Swan, It will be less next year as this is my first year with them. When I was chasing insurance the highest quote was $1800.00 with the NRMA.

I expect around the $500 is a good mid point.

So it seems ther US and AUS are near the same $'s for insurance..

Well, I don't have an FJR but my Bandit is a 97 1200. I have my insurance thru USAA since I'm retired military. I've been with them for over 7 years now and I've been very happy with the service I get.

I have only liability on all my vehicles since all of them are at least 9 years old and paid for.

I have a 98 Dodge Dakota P/U, Premium is $320.94 per year

97 Suzuki BAndit 1200S, Premium is $169.22

83 Yamaha Seca 750, Premium is $152.82

Total premium for all 3 vehicles per year: $642.98

Ray