What are you paying for insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Approx. $400/year/500 deductible with Progressive in Spokane WA

50/100/50 - I carry much higher limits on my cars. I just don't believe that my bike can do that much damage, LOL. 'just view the risks differently. I could be really anal-retentive about it but I'm not.

This comes with $1000 in farkle coverage No extra charge.

Geico was more without this coverage, go figure.

P.S. Washington has no legal requirement for insurance on M/Cycles. Cars do but bikes don't.

Makes no sense to me but there you have it.

Last edited by a moderator:
$126/year for the FJR. Progressive Insurance. Been with them for almost 10 years.

I'm paying around $450/yr for full coverage + $4k of farkle coverage.

I need to up the farkling coverage to 8k though.

Les than 200.00 for 100/300 with UM with Nationwide. They have my house, cars, and a commercial vehicle. They consider the motorcycle a recreational vehicle.

We don't need to carry 300k in liability. Even if we hit a Lexus or Hummer we're not going to do that kind of damage.
'Gerry.GEG': P.S. Washington has no legal requirement for insurance on M/Cycles. Cars do but bikes don't.
I once crossed into a foreign country on a small, 350cc single cyl, motorcycle and asked at the border about insurance. The border official asked where my moto was. I pointed to it in the parking lot. He said: "That! You don't need no insurance for that. You can't hurt nobody with that."

Just move to GEICO for $311 a year, full coverage, everything, $500 deductable.

Was with Progressive but they quoted be $830 this year.

Last year I paid them $300 but only after I called and complained at their $600 renewal mailing doubling my usual payment.

this year, as they did it again with the $830 quote, I thought screw them.

40 YO rider with clean record. Recreational use primarily.

300k combined limits (maxed as much as I could to match my umbrella policy, so no gaps). 1k in farkle coverage. towing, underinsured, medical to $5k, and comp/collision.

720 per year. I hope it goes down

Just got jacked by Allstate - I've been paying around $350/year, full coverage here in San Diego for 6 years (25/50/25, 25/50 un/under, $250 deductible). 30 years w/motorcycle license, no accidents or tickets. Apparently, riding year round has its price now because it just went up to $565 for 10,000 miles/yr. $510 for 5,000 miles/yr.

Certainly I'm shopping but quotes from Progressive, Geico were near $650. And State Farm where I have 2 vehicles & homeowners really jacked me at $800.

Progressive just lowered mine due to a good record ;) My $500 deductable is now only $387 and with FULL (100/300) coverage on my 2005 FJR I only pay $287 a year.
No complaints here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Progressive again lowered my annual fee down to $177 a year with same coverage as above!

THANK YOU AGAIN PROGRESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just got my insurance bill and they whant $456 for a year. Is this in line with what you are paying. Clean driving & riding record. This is with Farmers Ins.
OK - I had to get my new FJR insured and want to ride today so today was the day to figure it out. I have 4 points for a Speeding ticket 102MPH in a 60MPH, and illegal turn in Virginia (apparently a 3 point turn is illegal if you turned off of a no U turn road - F'ing BS!);

Here's what I cam up with for Collison, Comprehensive, Uninsured, Body 100K PP, 300K PA, $250 Ded.;

Dairyland - $870

GEICO - $688

ESurance - $765

Progressive - $279 !!!! TWO SEVENTY NINE

I was a little surprised so I made sure they double checked my driving record online and sure as sh*t $279 it is...

Needless to say I am now a Progressive Customer for my 2005 FJR!

Oh - it tooke me about 1:30 to shop it out across the 4 companies, time well spent! :yahoo:

Hope this helps.

OK - I had to get my new FJR insured and want to ride today so today was the day to figure it out. I have 4 points for a Speeding ticket 102MPH in a 60MPH, and illegal turn in Virginia (apparently a 3 point turn is illegal if you turned off of a no U turn road - F'ing BS!);

Here's what I cam up with for Collison, Comprehensive, Uninsured, Body 100K PP, 300K PA, $250 Ded.;

Dairyland - $870

GEICO - $688

ESurance - $765

Progressive - $279 !!!! TWO SEVENTY NINE

I was a little surprised so I made sure they double checked my driving record online and sure as sh*t $279 it is...

Needless to say I am now a Progressive Customer for my 2005 FJR!

Oh - it tooke me about 1:30 to shop it out across the 4 companies, time well spent!

Hope this helps

Progressive

Policy Coverages

Bodily Injury & Property Damage: $100,000 person/$300,000 accident/$50,000 property damage

Uninsured/ Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury: $25,000 person/$50,000 accident

Medical Payments: $1,000 each person

Transport Trailer: No coverage

Vehicle Coverages for 2005 Yamaha FJR1300 :

Comprehensive: $250 deductible

Collision: $250 deductible

Uninsured Motorist Property Damage: No coverage

Roadside Assistance: Selected

Accessory coverage: $1 - $3,000

@ $279 = SOLD

Unless you compare your insurance to someone in the same zip code as you, your not going to be able to get a real comparison. Not only that, but age, type of ins, etc are big factors as well.
Ditto, many factors, but FWIW:

2006 FJR

Full Coverage, $100 deductible 250/500 limits, w/StateFarm, under $450 a year, but they also have our house and other vehicles.

Edit: Relatively clean driving record, at least as far as "they" know :)

62, clean record, NW In,. State Farm for 4 vehicles + house, full coverage, 100/300 w/250 deduct - $355/yr

Just bought it today on my 2003 FJR that I pick up tonight.

26 Year old Male, Married Homeowner in Grand Rapids, MI with a clean MVR:

State Farm: 250/500 on everything, full coverage, 250 deduct comprehensive, 500 collision, - $417/yr.

Just a word on insurance:

Check to see if your company is a "mutual" company or not. If they are a "mutual" that means they spread their costs mutually across their entire coverage area. Example: if you live in Ohio and your insurance is with a "mutual" company that had alot of exposure in Florida and got hammered for claims a couple years ago for hurricane damage, they SPREAD THAT COST out to everyone. Non-mutual companies do not.

We're with Allstate currently and they are NOT a mutual company.

Also, insurance companies are like banks in a way and are REQUIRED to keep cash available equal to a certain percentage of all policies they have written. They usually invest our premiums in order to make their profits but since the market has crashed so has their cash reserves. In order for them to remain in compliance, most are issuing rate increases across the board to shore up that percentage. Some companies have done better, some worse and their increases reflect that.

That is all!

Dave

I just switched to Progressive, they have really good rates for the FJR, I'm at less than $200 per year, basic coverage, deductables at $100 for comp, $1000 for collision. They wanted $72 for liability only. Markel, my old company, wanted $112 for liability only, and had classed the FJR with sportbikes so the full coverage was high.

What is strange is that Progressive wanted nearly twice as much as Hartford does for coverage of my two cars? This may have had something to do with what their computer program did with the strange questions they asked?