What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zebra...I don't think that's the case with mine, but I haven't really looked to measure. I'm thinking they are pretty close to the bases.

I think they use different sizes from front to rear and the clutch. If you got gge wrong size or installed the wrong one in the wrong hole, that would explain it.

That size issue is why I went with Alex at Mishacycles.com. He knows what sizes the FJR needs.

I would think so long as it's tightened down, it's only a cosmetic issue and not a function issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the only one different from the rest was the back break, the rest where the same size (weird). I do remember thinking the new bleeders looking a bit taller then the oems. Then I remember thinking no leaks good then I'm done!

I installed the speedbleeders all around last weekend. I WISH mine only stuck out a quarter inch (and this is after verifying which part numbers go where).

On the plus side, I finally have a firm front brake lever after bleeding almost a quart through the damn thing last year. No amount of trickery would get it firmer than 'marginal'.

Zebra...I don't think that's the case with mine, but I haven't really looked to measure. I'm thinking they are pretty close to the bases.
I think they use different sizes from front to rear and the clutch. If you got gge wrong size or installed the wrong one in the wrong hole, that would explain it.

That size issue is why I went with Alex at Mishacycles.com. He knows what sizes the FJR needs.

I would think so long as it's tightened down, it's only a cosmetic issue and not a function issue.
I did a comparison with the stock bleeder and found the speedbleeder to be 3mm longer from the shoulder of the nut to the tip of the threaded piece. I agree it's purely cosmetic,but I might worry about 'someone' thinking it's not properly seated and over torquing the thing! Sometimes I worry about everything....Think I'll give Alex at Mishacycles a call as I have yet to do the front brakes and clutch with speedbleeders.

comparison-1_zps6a37b4e0.jpg

Installed a Cal Sci tinted shorty screen last night. Hopefully, it'll do the job of getting some air into the cockpit this summer...the V-Stream is just too good at blocking the wind during the summer. "Testing" to commence later this morning. :D

image-e1369397189110.jpg

Temporarily mounted my new Aussie PoPo box for a weekend trip. Next week it gets to change colors.

Pics from a test fit a few days ago

IMG_20130520_094853.jpg

IMG_20130520_094908.jpg

Replaced the left-hand headlamp bulb.

Coincidently, just two days since photographing my spare bulb for another thread.

Much easier than the right-hand one I replaced some 6000 miles (eight months) ago.

Still left a goodly arm-full of blood sprayed over the top of the forks, the ignition switch, top panels, drive-way under the bike ...

Coincidently, just two days since photographing my spare bulb for another thread.

Much easier than the right-hand one I replaced some 6000 miles (eight months) ago.

Still left a goodly arm-full of blood sprayed over the top of the forks, the ignition switch, top panels, drive-way under the bike ...
The bulbs are truly a nightmare. I replaced mine over the winter, got the left done, just couldn't get the right back together (left the tupperware on the bike). Finally gave up and called my brother in law, who does auto electrical stuff for a living, he brought over a nice mirror in light, looks in there, says "yeah these are a bitch", shoves his hand in there and it's all done in about 30 seconds. I had spent hours trying to get it. Never again until they burn out....

Took my rear PR3 off the wheel last night to replace the temporary sticky string with a combination patch/plug. I found another stinking nail in a different spot. Something is going on here...

The bulbs are truly a nightmare. I replaced mine over the winter, got the left done, just couldn't get the right back together (left the tupperware on the bike). Finally gave up and called my brother in law, who does auto electrical stuff for a living, he brought over a nice mirror in light, looks in there, says "yeah these are a bitch", shoves his hand in there and it's all done in about 30 seconds. I had spent hours trying to get it. Never again until they burn out....
My left low-beam just went out. Can your brother-in-law come change mine?

Greased the brass bushing in the clutch lever today. Tired me out so I'm relaxing with a beer. Tomorrow, I'm going to check the air pressure in the tires. Might even check the oil level if I can find the time. The work on these machines never ends!

After the air pressure check, I'm loading up my camping gear and headed to New Hampshire for some quality one-on-one time with my bike in the mountains (hills for those from the western half of the continent).

I rode her.

No, really. We've been out of the country for six weeks and I was really Jonesing for some saddle time.

I took the Wingabago out first, expecting the same "ho-hum" feeling that I've had on Rose ever since getting the FJR in January. Wrong again -- even the Hondapotamus was a kick to ride after so much time off!

Came back and threw my leg over Lucille and... almost forgot where I live.

"There's no place like home, there's no place like home."

Installed a Cal Sci tinted shorty screen last night. Hopefully, it'll do the job of getting some air into the cockpit this summer...the V-Stream is just too good at blocking the wind during the summer. "Testing" to commence later this morning.
biggrin.png
image-e1369397189110.jpg
How was the fit on yours?

I have the same screen and my "W" frame keeps popping out of one of the holes, evidently too big.

Installed a Cal Sci tinted shorty screen last night. Hopefully, it'll do the job of getting some air into the cockpit this summer...the V-Stream is just too good at blocking the wind during the summer. "Testing" to commence later this morning.
biggrin.png
How was the fit on yours?

I have the same screen and my "W" frame keeps popping out of one of the holes, evidently too big.
No troubles here, still locked in after around 800 miles since installation and the fit seems good. The W tabs slide-lock into place IIRC, so perhaps one of the tabs on yours is damaged?

Love the screen...it's doing exactly what I wanted it to do.

IMG_2399-e1369772536753.jpg

Abandoned the Feejer and hopped on the dual sport to go to work. 90 degree day here and the open air will feel better.

Dave

Abandoned the Feejer and hopped on the dual sport to go to work. 90 degree day here and the open air will feel better.
Dave
It's rare I ride the FJR to work, about the only time I do that now is when I'm leaving on a trip FROM work. The rest of the time, the little red piggy (CRF250L) gets the nod. That shit is just fun as ****!

Got the 03 out of the garage and made it ready for a weekend ride. My bride is going to play with quilting this weekend so the Wing will sit and the FJR gets to go out and play. Hoping to log at least 500 miles this weekend.

Don't you think you should finish Carvers fiasco before you enjoy yerself dinknose?

Tear the thing all apart and just say screw it! I'm going out to play. That is so damned wrong.