What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yesterday I performed a TBS, complete clean and wax. Today, had the time to take a test ride, very noticeable difference. The slight "buzz" that was felt in the right grip and vibrating right mirror are now gone.

Finally did some work to the new [to me] '09.

Flushed and changed the coolant, new Iridium plugs, PAIR plates installed and a TBS to finish.

All's good for the summer riding season! :yahoo:

--G

Took the Trooper Mod-ed cans off and put my unmod-ed originals back on. Then drove 180 miles to Hamilton, NY to watch Lehigh kick Colgate's ass to win the Patriot League Lacross Championship. Then drove home.

When I first did the Trooper Mod I loved it, and still do for short trips, but the drone was getting to me on the slab. Also bought and used some earplugs...Wow, what a difference! Between the cans and the earplugs it was silence at 80 mph. Loved it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed FuzeBlock and wired Zumo 550 and 8500 Passport Rader detector.

Installed Garauld Brake reservoir mount for RD. Completed Cdogman airbox mod and Bavarian Jumper Mod. Changed CO adjustment several times. Ordered Beowulf Cans.... Gotta love Tax refund time of year. :yahoo:

Took my first shot at adjusting the suspension based on some very thorough info found in this awesome forum. Now, if it will get above freezing tomorrow I ca see if my fat ass can tell the difference...

Well, I changed the oil and filter, going to Repsol 4T 10w-40 full syn, from Mobil 1 synthetic oil. Thought I'd give it a try although it's rather "pricey" at $16.99 per 1 ltr bottle. But, for Francisco, I don't mind,,,

Also changed out the differential oil as it had around 8K on it.

Getting ready for the annual trek to Death Valley & Beatty, NV.

Also installed the new Metzler M3 Sportec on the front earlier this week.

biknflyfisher

I rode my BMW K1600GT "Gisele" with my Girlfriend Donna North to spend Saturday night in Sedona and to ride Northern Arizona on Sunday, so I had to roll my FJR "Miss Lucy Liu" out of the way to put mein Gisele back into the garage!

Rode it to Alabama with my wife following me on her Ninja. Found a handful of new country roads I've never been on along the way.

OK, so this was actually done on Saturday the 28th.

Had a slightly annoying 'popping' from my Remus cans on deceleration. So I removed the entire exhaust system to check for leaks - none found. Re-installed with new header gaskets and fresh hi-heat sealant for the cans. Then I removed and capped the Air Induction System as per the excellent 'how to' on this site. Re-did the TBS.

I was on a roll!

Pulled off the forks and changed the oil. Don't think this had ever been done as the oil was 'metallic grey'. Checked/greased/re-torqued the steering head bearings.

Went for a long ride Sunday. The front suspension was WAY better and no more 'popping' from the cans :D

Al.

Criminal really, left her in the Garage and drove the G.F.'s WRX in for service. Hang my head in shame, and its going to be a nice day! :dribble:

Rode 497 miles yesterday. Washed bugs off and rewaxed today. Later this week, oil change, maybe some riding, and then a Saddlesore on this coming Saturday. Oh, and put on PR3s about 1500 miles ago.

Rode approximately 200 miles to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park. Also, put the bike on a Washngton state ferry for the first time. This was on top of the 240 miles my wife and I rode to the Mt. Rainier area yesterday (which was the first time I rode the bike in the rain). Bought Easter weekend and have approximately 2,200 miles on it. This machine munches the miles. A good ride.

I installed a Vista Cruise.

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

Rode approximately 200 miles to Hurricane Ridge in Olympic National Park. Also, put the bike on a Washngton state ferry for the first time. This was on top of the 240 miles my wife and I rode to the Mt. Rainier area yesterday (which was the first time I rode the bike in the rain). Bought Easter weekend and have approximately 2,200 miles on it. This machine munches the miles. A good ride.
My 07 took it's first ferry ride this weekend also, except I went from Point Defiance to Vashon Island. Isn't it the coolest thing to be able to ride to the front of the line and be the first vehicles loaded on the ferry?! And pay half what a car costs?! And also the first one off so you don't have to slog along behind slow cars! :yahoo:

My 07 took it's first ferry ride this weekend also, except I went from Point Defiance to Vashon Island. Isn't it the coolest thing to be able to ride to the front of the line and be the first vehicles loaded on the ferry?! And pay half what a car costs?! And also the first one off so you don't have to slog along behind slow cars! :yahoo:
aMEN TOO THAT!! :yahoo:

Ordered a set of Cee Bailey headlight protectors. Lotsa rocks around here.

aMEN TOO THAT!! :yahoo:
I will double that Amen! The only downside to the whole experience is being grouped with a bunch of loud Harleys. I actually think the ferry workers liked me since I wasn't trying to destroy their hearing.