What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Washed and waxed the poor girl. She really needed it as she has been neglected lately. She still had the bugs from our run of The Devil's Highway a couple months ago.

I also found a nice star in my left headlight from a rock or something. Shit!! I'm gonna have to spring for some of those protectors. Prolly should have done that a while back.

Washed and waxed the poor girl. She really needed it as she has been neglected lately. She still had the bugs from our run of The Devil's Highway a couple months ago.

I also found a nice star in my left headlight from a rock or something. Shit!! I'm gonna have to spring for some of those protectors. Prolly should have done that a while back.
horse-and-barn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My 9 LED 194 lamps arrived in the mail, and I gathered up the relays & bulb holders I had squirreled away for adding European driving lights to my FJR.

LED-Can-Bus-Bulb-Gallery1-_WLED-x9-CBT.jpg

Pulled plastic last evening to access the rear of the headlamp cowling. With that down, I used an extension to mount the Unibit & drill out the Cowling to accept the 194 bulb sockets.

Hope to jump on it later on this afternoon. It is going to look pretty cool when completed.
I predict major disappointment.

Too bad you already drilled that expensive tupperware.

Installed;

A set of iridium spark plugs

Brodie's Ignition relay

Road Runner's 4 harness (ground kit) also inspected and serviced the ground spiders

Charging cable for my cell (gps), terminating at the ram holder

Yamaha touring (gel) seats

The seats are quite firm. I hope this is an improvement for distance riding.

Disconnected the windshield auto retract

This was my 1st time dealing with so much bike tupperware, It wasn't quite as bad as the last car dash I did lol.

But it still took all friggin day.

After showering off the grime and stink I had a 20 mile jaunt in the night. I was a bit hungry when I left, but after a few bug swarms I no longer felt the need to eat.

It has been hard to motivate myself to do the preventive upgrades. The stuff with an immediate reward (like the PC III) I get to before the packaging hits the floor.

I feel like I have been hit by a truck, I'm getting to old for this shit.

My 9 LED 194 lamps arrived in the mail, and I gathered up the relays & bulb holders I had squirreled away for adding European driving lights to my FJR.

LED-Can-Bus-Bulb-Gallery1-_WLED-x9-CBT.jpg

Pulled plastic last evening to access the rear of the headlamp cowling. With that down, I used an extension to mount the Unibit & drill out the Cowling to accept the 194 bulb sockets.

Hope to jump on it later on this afternoon. It is going to look pretty cool when completed.

Fascinating reply. A major disappointment? How so?

After your prediction, you now wish to grieve over the holes in my tupperware?

Do me a favor, don't reply to anymore of my posts.

I don't believe I like you.

FJR LED Video

your running lights look sick. Those other dudes thought you were replacing your headlights... don't think any FJR owner would be dumb enough to do that with what is currently available "for show use only".

Fascinating reply. A major disappointment? How so?

After your prediction, you now wish to grieve over the holes in my tupperware?

Do me a favor, don't reply to anymore of my posts.

I don't believe I like you.

FJR LED Video
A bit sensitive to be playing on the internet aren't we? :rolleyes:

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were doing from your initial post. I knew from the LED picture that you weren't using them as headlights. But, you didn't install the LEDs in the cowling (aka faring) which would have been an expensive mistake, you installed them in the "city lights" locations in headlight buckets.

That's been done quite successfully before clicky

And as far as not "liking me", you'll have to get in line. :p

That's actually kinda cool.

Don't worry about Fred. We dont like him either, but sometimes he says something funny.
+1, Gunny; that is really cool, Senor Medina likes them!

DENCOUCH, please don't attempt to cut into line ahead of yamafitter, HotRodZilla, RadioHowie, Bustanut joker and Papa Chuy in the "We Dislike Fred W Club", it would really royally piss us off!

DSC01069.jpg

Hey dudes,..been a while since i've been rooting around these parts as 2011 really sucked personally. But gettin' my shit together finally. In bike terms I guess it would be simple enough to explain that I did a spin up to Ottawa with a new sig other in June. As it relates to this topic I had to throw together a quick back rack to put my Nel Rigg tail bag on. Put about a hour of time into it..

Don

horse-and-barn.jpg
God Damn You RadioHowie, how many fecking times have I asked you NOT to pick on the "Slow Kid"? It is really not very nice, you know much better than to pick on the severely handicapped!

IMAG0354.jpg

I finally installed the Stebel compact air horn that I bought a few months ago. Actually, I ordered a Stebel and when it came it was a Slosser brand, which looks exactly like the Stebel but since it didn't say Stebel I was planning to send it back. But, I never got around to that so I brushed the dust off of the box and got to work.

I fit it in the left side approximately where the stock horn used to be. I had to fiddle with a bracket and cut a bit more black plastic than what I had originally cut when I put a Magnum Blaster there years ago, but it looks like it will clear the fork at full lock and full compress. It really honks. :)

The Blaster I took out was still working, but not nearly as loud as new. When I took it out I found it had a lot of loose sand and stuff rattling around inside, so that probably explains why it wasn't working well.

Finished installing lights on forks. Wired the lights, a USB power port and the Garmin 660. Put locktite on the little screws to the side case locks. Installed N/Line dash and crash guards. Got all the plastic put back on without losing or breaking any fasteners ;)

Now I feel like I'm ready to go somewhere :yahoo: but I'll be going to work in the morning so I'll ride next weekend :glare:

Nice ^^^ did the same thing to my new [to me] '09 last year. Used the dark gray reflective on mine...after the subtle look! :)

--G

I installed a RAM mount for my SPOT, I then used up the 1/2 tank of fuel I had, and I filled it up and rode some more. :)