What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished installing my n/line dash. I fabricated a mount for the radar detector hanging under the left side of the dash along with the mount on the right side for the temp and voltage gauges. GPS and phone are mounted up top with plenty of room left to add additional things. I used the x-grip mounts so that I wouldn't have to change mounts as my technology changes... they are attached to ram mounts. I thought I would have to relocate the hand warmers but everything fits well. Wiring is through a relay to a new distribution block under the seat and has a kill switch just out of view on the right side fairing that the previous owner already installed (figured I'd just put it to use).

FJRdash_zpsd5688228.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it! Hiding the RD under the dash panel is a stroke of genius.

I don't want a dash shelf like that for other (safety) reasons, but I like the way you think.

WhAt is the BRIGHT red line on your speedo?

I like it! Hiding the RD under the dash panel is a stroke of genius. I don't want a dash shelf like that for other (safety) reasons, but I like the way you think.

WhAt is the BRIGHT red line on your speedo?
Yes, the RD under is dash is very nice. I wish I had thought of that. Hides it and protects it from weather.

The old sump plug looks quit bad on the head i think it was attacked by a frustrated apprentice

so i thougt since im doing the service i mayas well replace it.

FYI My FJR is an ex Paramedic Bike so she needs a of TLC check out the link

Picked it up at an Auction, Mechanicly OK But the body needs work , hey that sounds like me LOL

Cheers

Adrian

I took mine out yesterday for a 200 mile ride down to the Iron Pony and back(temps in the 20's & 30'S)

...Oh, and I also picked up my first performance award of the year

I'm going to move mine from the garage to the shop and get it ready for a starterectomy and what ever else is needed. The groundhog says early spring so I'm going to be ready.
smile.png

Finished up my tire change. I acquired Honda Pro Moly 60 and used it on the hub splines, and universal joint. Lubed the suspension linkage. Clean linkage and good splines, further confirmed previous owners have maintained my Gen 1 low mileage bike. Aligned and tightened the pumpkin. Bolted up the new brake arm, and the new Exalto, eagerly awaiting time for a decent test ride. Up & down the block doesn’t count.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="bgross" data-cid="1039917" data-time="1360513646"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="El Toro Joe" data-cid="1039892" data-time="1360506816"><p><br />

...Oh, and I also picked up my first performance award of the year</p></blockquote>

Care to share the particulars? (If you done it, it ain't braggin' ~ Yogi Berra)</p></blockquote>

no problem...it was for 84 in a 65 by aircraft. $155 to waive it

Finished up with replacing the seals in the front brake calipers and installed tapered head bearings. The last one is a bit questionable as I was about an eighth inch short of bottoming out that lower bearing. So now that I finished my front end maintenance items, I began to install a couple of the painted tuperware bits.

Nice one Joe.... :D

My weekend maintenance included the installation of a new battery (MotoBatt) and a quick wash to remove road salt that was caked up on lower bits.

Ordered a new Motobatt battery and installed the new 2013 foot peg pads.

Here is a pic that is a little lighter and shows the RD shelf.

The red line is simply a sticker that is a visual marker for speed... it is set for 70mph.

FJRdash_zpsd5688228_en2_zps65f43a1a.jpg