What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um...The 2012 didn't have any "stiffness" issues...But oh well.

Well, if you actually know of what you speak, you got me on this one. When (as in what year) did the FJR stop coming with the overly stiff throttle spring?
I think the real problem was the abrupt throttle cam combined with the stiff spring on the '06 and '07.

For the weaklings amongst us, the later Gen II is still too stiff, but with the normal cam it's much easier to control in those off/on throttle situation than the earlier ones.

Having de-sprung my '10 and improved the grip, it's now nice.

I'm awaiting the introduction of the Gen III in the UK (April?) to get a proper feel of the new one, I only had a brief look at a motorcycle show on the Gen III AS.

(Don't tell SWMBO I shall be looking at it.)

I installed my WynPro Rambone and sidestand foot, along with Townsend's helmet lock bracket. I also got a new jacket that I ordered from Motorama....a Clover Crossover WP in black/petroleum. This is a good week!

I did some work on the DRZ right next to it. My 5 year old girl came into the garage and climbed up on the FJR. Soon she was reaching for the bars and making vroom vroom noises while I worked. It was classic!!

Rolled the Cycle Shell open. Saw 12.10 on the Datel hit the start button and vroom. Backed it out the driveway in every gear and ran it even in fifth just to get the oil moving. Too much salt and spray down on the streets to even consider running it down the road. Oh love the Givi, and Admore kit in it. The Cycle Shell is all that too. Oh hell since it is so slow here is a pic.

rear%20fjr.jpg

I removed all plastic thanks to some great links on this forum a newbie FRJ guy like me needed to get the help , i must say a lot of screws in some grazy places

it also showed were the mechanics that pulled it down last time has less of a idia than me & snapped some of the holding tabs off.

Pic to follow once i figer out how to load them up.

Cheers from Downunder

She's sitting in the garage at home in the middle of another snow storm while I'm enjoying the sun in Mexicali. I miss my bike, but not the snow. I'm glad man created airplanes.

Last edited by a moderator:
New PR3's spooned on today. Also mounted up the new Cee Bailey +4 +2. Finished the MM10 LED's and Skene controller. FZ1 fuse panel in place. Still need to install Cox rad guard and Realtime reflective decals on bags and trunk. MV Motorrad bar riser w/ thermometer in place. Grip heaters rewired (I is a lectrishun). Good thing the trusty Fizzy is road ready while I farkle the crap outta the Feej. Did I say crap? Sorry if I offended anyone. I can be one vulgar sumbitch at times.

Collected some parts off the fairing from the paintshop, a full respray from White to Vivid Silver will post when completed

I have a friend doing the work & will get the rest on tuesday YES!!

PIcked the oil & parts for the service 45K there goes my saturday

Just learned, by accident, that you can cancel the turn signals by pushing in. No more left, right, left, right....etc.

I looked at the FJR up on the work table to see if I could use any parts to hotrod my snowblower. I want to be able to throw snow all the way over to the other neighbour's driveway two doors down from me.