What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a very airy swiss.

Back on topic. I didn't flip my skoot upside down because of some unsafe jacking techniques. I did ride Jackie-O to work this morning...was 41 degrees and brisk. Lost my coffee cup on the way....I need a mug holder on her somewheres....

making some progress with my smuggle project,
CIMG2120_zps22f05b17.jpg
Did you make a form or make a box and coat it? Sorry if I missed previous steps in any posts. I've been thinking about doing this as I need a means to carry my briefcase and can not find any good looking alternatives.
I made a box and fiber-glassed it. It's based on the stock seat pan.

There's somewhat of a build thread on ADVrider under "making and smuggler" in the Garage sub-forum.

Finally took the original Bridgestone rear tire off my FJR at 13,753 miles.

I think I got my money's worth.

P1010225_zps710df0d3.jpg

I assume this was the first time in four years and almost 14,000 miles the rear wheel has been off. The axle had a lot of corrosion on it as did some other pieces like the spacer. It was a major PITA getting the axle out. Grease must be really expensive in Japan. They sure don't like to use it.

I assume this was the first time in four years and almost 14,000 miles the rear wheel has been off. The axle had a lot of corrosion on it as did some other pieces like the spacer. It was a major PITA getting the axle out.
The same happened to me on my Gen1 years ago. After that, first thing I do to my bikes (Gen III as well) pull the axle and grease it...13753 miles on one tire?
thumbsupsmiley.png

Last edited by a moderator:

I assume this was the first time in four years and almost 14,000 miles the rear wheel has been off. The axle had a lot of corrosion on it as did some other pieces like the spacer. It was a major PITA getting the axle out.
The same happened to me on my Gen1 years ago. First thing I did to all my bikes (Gen III as well) pull the axle and grease it...13753 miles on one tire?
thumbsupsmiley.png
Herr Petey, Bitte schön!: Do not encourage this fecking moron! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice job skooter, but....there's still tread left on the sides. That there looks like a Florida tire, no corners close?
derisive.gif

Picked up a set of Iridium's for the FJR today. Spare set for the first valve check this summer.

--G

Got the rest of the plastic off adn ordered some new stuff. Checked the valves and all is right where I left it. New plugs tomorow andnew orings and coolant. New CCT when it arrives. Gotta look for some bulbs for the insturments. I'm sure I have plenty of time before the ice on my road melts.

Bought my wife a new set of hoops for valentines day. Ooops! She doesn't have a motorcycle so I went ahead and put them on mine. Roadsmart ll, love the grip baby.

Got a new Rear tyre today running a Pirrelie Angel see how this one goes

Need to clean the rear housings & gears lots of grime a good tipes to polish the pipes

Got a new Rear tyre today running a Pirrelie Angel see how this one goesNeed to clean the rear housings & gears lots of grime a good tipes to polish the pipes
Keep an eye on the center of this tire during the second half of it's life.
ohno-smiley02.gif
The Angels don't give you much warning before you see cord
drag.gif

That does look pretty nice, Richard.

Of course, now if you ever want to sell that smuggler you'll have to find someone who shares your taste in old cars. ;)