What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stripped the balance of the police wiring from the old girl,

Greased the backend & renew the final shaft oil

Put the new tyre on torqued it all up & the story will continue

next week.

What the heck!! Don't they have any right turns in Tennessee?
wink.png
Yes, and you can see the little worn patch on the right side too. Left turns are longer than right turns in the US.
dribble.gif

+1 You knew I was just kidding, right?

And you get 10 bonus points for giving the right answer on why the left side wears faster.

I also chose yesterday to lube my rear suspension pivots. Details posted in the in the Rear Shock Linkage Maintenance thread here

I did some more work on the rear suspension maintenance. I normally use a scissor jack under the pipes to raise the back end of the bike but I'm going to have to build a rig to suspend the rear of the bike since I need to be able to move the pipes to get the centerstand bracket off.

I also emptied my parts washer tank and replaced the parts washer pump. The old pump had locked up when one of the motor bushings went bad. Since it is a submersible pump and everything is sealed there is no way to fix the old one. Fortunately I had a spare pump kicking around and it was a simple swap.

We will have to head over to Princess Auto in the next few days to pick up a few bulk containers of solvent since the old solvent was fairly contaminated and needed replacement. I'll then be ready to wash up the relay arm and other parts before greasing everything up for re-assembly.

I looked at it, Farted on the seat and violated the muffler. Took time for 3 smokes.. Violated the left bank exhaust, jerked off, fuked 3 sheep and called odie. While I had a smoke.

Oh I called and arranged delivery to Blasoff too.Zelda is leaving Wednesday @ 0500

Last edited by a moderator:
author="Bustanut joker"I looked at it, Farted on the seat and violated the muffler. Took time for 3 smokes.. Violated the left bank exhaust, jerked off, fuked 3 sheep and called odie. While I had a smoke.

Oh I called and arranged delivery to Blasoff too. Zelda is leaving Wednesday @ 0500
You're off topic you jackass. This thread is, "What Did You Do To Your FJR Today." NOT, "What Did You Do To Someone Else's FJR Today."

I'm calling Iggy right now!!

:****:

I normally use a scissor jack under the pipes to raise the back end of the bike but I'm going to have to build a rig to suspend the rear of the bike since I need to be able to move the pipes to get the centerstand bracket off.
You are in luck Brother Bill, all of your FJR prayers have been answered! SkooterG and his Papa Chuy are producing a new video on how to properly suspend your FJR to do any required maintenance work! This is the action shot that will be on the slip cover of the DVD package.

Everything you need to know to suspend your FJR safely and securely will be covered by GreggieM on this exciting video. jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

20130211_204230_zpsc0bce890.jpg

Rode Jackie-O to work this morning again...it was sixty degrees. Reminded me of why I moved to texas....then I remembered three months of hunert degrees and my vision of moving to oregon reappeared. Had a couple of smokes on her while I waited to walk through the turnstyle.

Rode Jackie-O to work this morning again...it was sixty degrees. Reminded me of why I moved to texas....then I remembered three months of hunert degrees and my vision of moving to oregon reappeared. Had a couple of smokes on her while I waited to walk through the turnstyle.
60? Shit!!! it was 8 here this morning...but it's supposed to get up to 42 for a high. Oh...and if you had time for a couple of smokes, you need to find a longer route to get to work. JSNS

Picked up a slightly used 2 pc. Sergeant seat for the Gen 1 for $375 delivered from Georgia Roller on this forum. Been riding on a 1 pc. Corbin all this time. Seat arrived in good condition this afternoon from Georgia. Below: next to my Corbin... not nearly as wide as the Corbin at where my thighs sit.

CIMG1191.jpg

Below is a pic of the bike with the Sergeant installed.

CIMG1194.jpg

Here's a close up. Sweet looking seat.

CIMG1195.jpg

Now I gotta spend some time testing it. FIrst impressions: softer and narrower than the Corbin. It'll take some time to try it out.

EDIT: first impressions: Rode it to work this morning. Can't slide back on it as far as the Corbin. I'm thinking the pocket fer-yer but is about 2 or 3 inches farther back on the Corbin. However, most of the time I was ridin, I sat 2 or 3 inches forward from the but pocket on the Corbin. Pushin' my but back that far wadn't too comfy. Soes Ima likin' the Sergeant thus fer.

Gary

darksider #44

Changed oil and filter; Changed pumpkin oil, then went to record it and realized I changed rear-end oil about 5000 miles ago-whoops; changed brake and clutch fluid; greased pivots.

Looked at the calender and pulled out the maps and dreamed for a while.

Over the past two weeks since taking delivery:

Installed Leo Vince slip ons, Sargent seat, OES sliders, Shad 45 L top case, Eastern Beaver fuse box, back off brake lite flasher, Manic Salamander bar ends. Waiting for rear hugger.

It's still too freakin' cold & snowy to ride so I'll change oil/filter, pumpkin fluid and coolant while praying for Spring.

Also softer and narrower than a Corbin:
arm-and-hammer-full_640.jpg
Ya know, Howie, the Corbin felt pretty comfortable to me. I really can't complain. I did a number of 12 hour days in that saddle. It's dead sure better than the factory seat. It was a little hard, so I decided to look around and try something else. However so far, the Sergeant may be more comfy for some than the Corbin, but not by much. At least that's my opinion thus far. A couple 12 hour days this coming summer on my trip out west will tell. For now, I"ll ride a couple days with the Sergeant, then a couple days with the Corbin until I sort out which I like better.

Edit: after two days of 45 minutes or so in the saddle (each way to work), I'm still undecided.

Gary

darksider #44

Looks like you also got some on your license plate....may wanna clean that up before you ride.