What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it was yesterday and the day before, but still...
..... ..... .....

Now I can't wait!!
That's all well and good but you didn't answer the all-important question burning in the minds of owners everywhere.

Dammit man, 'fess up!! Did you replace the valve stems?
mda.gif

Did a 6 1/2 litre oil change. That's what happens when you dump the first 2 1/2 litres in without remembering to put the drain plug back. At least I still had the drain pan in place!

Maybe this is the trick to flush out that 30 oz. of oil that doesn't normally drain?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nuffin. Just like the yesterday and the day before. In fact, I haven't ridden it or done anything to it since I came back from SE Ohio 2 weekends ago. Rain + Ebola or whatever it is I have is a bitch.

I'll be riding this weekend though :D

2006 ' Installed MotorCycle Larry Highway Pegs.. not a huge stretch for my legs, 32 " inseam" but definitely a change and that might help extend my range.. now need to consider a better seat.. Washed her up and plan a nice afternoon ride.

Sold it!

Well, sort of... I sold it to my son. He'll be taking the Bass Bote Blue Beauty off my hands. In partial compensation I get my beloved 1998 VFR800 back (yet again). The FJR will be a much better ride for him and his girlfriend to take nice long rides through Vermont, where they live.

But they are in he process of moving to a new place next week (one with a garage!) so all the bikes are hanging at our place this week...

100_4646.jpg

100_4647.jpg

100_4645.jpg

That's a pretty fine line-up, if I do say so myself.

I gussied up the VFR after I got her back, and she still shines up pretty nice. I was intending on throwing it up for sale (yet again) but then I rode it this morning for a few hours and realized that I like the bike a whole lot more than the amount of money someone is likely to give me for it. I've got it all set up with Givi side cases and trunk and a tank ring that will accept my Bags Connection electrified tank bag.

Think I'll just keep it for just a little while longer. Three bikes isn't too many...
tonguesmiley.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
That is indeed a fine group you got there Fred! A lineup that anyone you be green with envy to have. Great that Freddy grabbed the 05 that thing is good for another 100,000 Nice to see the VFR back. Tough to go out in the morning and have choose but somebody has to do it Oh what did I do to my bike today? Still on the lift in the garage Jag

Installed new PR2 front tire and balanced using FJReady's balance shaft assy. I did have to break the bead and rotate the tire 180 degrees to balance with less weight.

Taking some farkles off my FJR today.

Putting them in a travel bag and heading to San Francisco tomorrow where the farkles will be installed on another bike for a couple of weeks.

Taking some farkles off my FJR today.
Putting them in a travel bag and heading to San Francisco tomorrow where the farkles will be installed on another bike for a couple of weeks.
Have a great trip, Alan. And, watch out riding on those smooth western roads. You can be doing a ton and it feels like only 55 mph around here. ;)