What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoyed riding to work this morning in the cool 74 deg air after a whole week of mornings in the 80s and afternoons around100. Riding in the heat is okay with me as long as I keep moving. Yesterday I got caught by a train leaving base with the air temp on the bike reading 100 even. That was painful.

Oh, and I put a new Ceebaileys tinted sport shield on the bike for summer. I figured since it looks good an Redfish's bike (don't tell him) it will look fabulous on my much prettier one(it does).
punk.gif

Oh, and I put a new Ceebaileys tinted sport shield on the bike for summer. I figured since it looks good an Redfish's bike (don't tell him) it will look fabulous on my much prettier one(it does).
punk.gif
Uh huh. I can read you know. Did you pinstripe it in pink to match the rest of your bike? Cav 47 told me those pink pinstripes looked "Just Fabulous!" and reminded him of hppants' bike.

I really like the look of that shield on both the '14 and the '15. I have been pleased with its performance, I had originally thought I would need to get a second shield one size taller for winter use but that has not been the case.

Your bike will look almost as good as this:

You might be able to get by with that shield in the winter where you live but I need something taller for the winter months. I'll be putting my barn door back on by Halloween.

Let the spouse take it to work... when I asked how the ride went, the response was "...that bike is heavy. Goes like a scalded dog though!"

Put the tank bag on, checked the air in the tyres.

Doing the Outer Hebrides, Isle of Skye and some of the west coast of Scotland, something like 2000 miles over the next week, in the company of Son and friends.

Hoping Wifey keeps improving after her operation while I'm away.

Moved my Cruiser Pegs down and forward on my Canyon Cages, seems much improved sitting on the lift, will road test them next week on the way to Red Lodge.

Put 100 miles on the Wee-Strom almost all on gravel this morning, beautiful day for riding!

I covered it with fine white dust from sanding my catamaran sailboat. Complete hull restore underway. I have had this boat since 1984, and the hulls wore through last fall to the point it was taking on water fast. Laminated kevlar onto the bottoms and am now fairing it out before applying a 2-part epoxy primer and 2-part polyurethane finish...lots of dust.

99A4BA36-5106-4C3A-A747-4FBCAFCBEB65.jpg

Tom - I haven't done much gel coating, but I've had my share of fun with structural fiberglass work on boats. Hope you were fully covered, and the seams were taped. That stuff finds any nook and cranny and picks at ya for weeks!!!

Gonna take my FJR later this evening and meet a forum member who is currently riding a IBA ride. He's past 1/2 way now and doing quite well in this heat. I'm watching his SPOT regularly today. I'll witness his 1000 mile ticket. He's welcome to stay at my house tonite, but may continue toward a 1500 mile bonus if he feels like it.

Pics forthcoming....

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 'er out in this morning's rain for a ride up to where I adopted 'er nearly 9 years ago... I wanted to double check that all of the recall work had been done (it has -- freakin' CRS).

Went down to California Scientific and put on a large front window. Thinking I might find some rain on the way to or back from Red Lodge. Spent several minutes feeling jealous of mcatrophy and his ride through Scotland. Have fun!

I've been running these lights on my '04 and transferred them over to my new '15 and mounted them using WynPro brackets along with the FZ1 mirrors off of the '04, also using WynPro's mirror spacers.

[All pixs are clickable links.]

I bought these lights this spring to add to the '15 ES for a little better conspicuousness.

Being very clever, I repurposed the front fender reflector brackets to mount the lights. Like all good ideas it turned out to be pretty dumb, the lights vibrated really bad on the wimpy brackets. Being clever, I found a way to brace the brackets and it made a stable mount. Life is good!
smile.png

Then I saw these brackets on Sac Mike's bike.

With that I speed dialed Clearwater and made a $40 deal for the brackets which they normally do not sell as a stand-alone product. Four days later I had this in my mailbox:

Carefully picking one of the hottest days of the year I installed these brackets on my FJR. Piece of cake. Unfortunately, I had carefully installed the lights on the reflector brackets, about 8" - 10" behind these fancy new brackets and my very neatly installed light harness didn't reach the new location by a lot. With lots of sweat I disassembled the dash and rewired the harness. Did I mention it's hot and sweaty work?

Anyhoo, the lights are installed, it looks good and works great. The brackets are a very nice bit of bling for the price. It's also what you get only if you have an ES, they don't fit the standard A. ES rocks again
smile.png

Good job Alan, now go full Bling¡!!¡! and paint it the bitchen lipstick red like you wanted.

That may be more than $40...but to offset that, do it on a cool day.

Did about 140 miles with the missuz for an early lunch of trout BLT at the Switzerland Cafe in Little Switzerland, NC. Durn sight better temperature than last weekend.