What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
300+ miles of back roads from Elmore AL to Lebanon TN after spending a few days visiting with my dad.

After having my wife riding pillion plus gear for the past 3-1/2 weeks, I adjusted the Penske back to a single rider sag setting. I wonder how it's going to feel?

Rear end work...new rear tire(PR2),brake pads,greased the final drive shaft spline and u-joint.Figured I might as well lube the shifter pivot point since I has in there.

Tomorrow is front brake pads,oil and filter change and new headlight bulbs.

Next week...spark plugs,air filter clean and oil,TBS and coolant change.

She should be good for awhile after that.

Dropped it off at the dealer...it's theirs for the next two weeks.
Same here...but in my case the Dealer is in the state of Washington. Actually, it's not theirs for two weeks, George is picking it up after all the fun in Red Lodge. There are tire edges to be scuffed and batteries to maintain.
smile.png
I can help George with that.
punk.gif

Rode it 310 miles today. And yesterday was 310. Reason they are the same distance is because today was clockwise and yesterday was counterclockwise.

Red Lodge> Bear Tooth> Chief Joseph> Cody Wyoming> Yellowstone> Bear Tooth> Red Lodge.

Both days were with some Feaking great people and riders. I never have had so much fun at an event.

I loaded mine in the Toyhauler in preparation to going home after the Red Lodge event. Seems like I am punishing it for some reason, it was not designed to be trailered. But bringing the trailer was required to get my wife to come.

I loaded mine in the Toyhauler in preparation to going home after the Red Lodge event. Seems like I am punishing it for some reason, it was not designed to be trailered. But bringing the trailer was required to get my wife to come.
Hint: you ride bike. Wife drives vehicle if she wants to go, towing trailer if "necessary".

Problem solved, send beer
punk.gif
. PM for address.

Maybe someday I'll teach you how to grow some gonads. Or how to retrieve them from your wife's purse. That'll require prepayment of some fancy-schmancy hoity toity beer for my wife
rolleyes.gif

Washed and Waxed. Then put away for a few days as rain is on the way. And only having a 10 mile commute it's more hassle than it's worth to ride to work in the rain.

Got up early and rode about 200 miles before the heat got too bad. Had a nice ride through the back country.

Tried the Bilt "heat out" under layer. Excellent garnet. Can't believe I waited this long to try this.

Got up early and rode about 200 miles before the heat got too bad. Had a nice ride through the back country.

Tried the Bilt "heat out" under layer. Excellent garnet. Can't believe I waited this long to try this.

^^ I'm seeing double......I think^^
not_i.gif

Put one of these bluetooth tpms things on and did a shake down run today. Seems to work well, but gonna have to find a good visible spot for it where the sun don't shine so much. No, not that spot... still need to see it. Don't know why I was, but was surprised to see how much air pressure differential there was while riding, 42 psi cold = 48 psi on the 96 degree road for the rear tire. Differential seems to be slightly less for the smaller front tire.

index_zpslhgonfud.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Took it out for the first time in a couple of days. We had some rain which cooled things off nicely. I love riding this bike in the rain.

Hint: you ride bike. Wife drives vehicle if she wants to go, towing trailer if "necessary".

Problem solved, send beer
punk.gif
. PM for address.

Maybe someday I'll teach you how to grow some gonads. Or how to retrieve them from your wife's purse. That'll require prepayment of some fancy-schmancy hoity toity beer for my wife
rolleyes.gif
Russ, if you had seen the Toyhauler, you would know why it made the trip......... I don't know if we have pictures.....