What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was able to reset cel #5 from where I assed up last week and let my key lanyard catch on the ram ball link while keying on....again. I bought the same OBDII adapter cable that Adam got from orientexpress.com, and a cheapo OBDII wifi scanner module off of Amazon. I am now armed and dangerous and hoping I don't fat finger my iphone screen somehow while connected. Works like a charm, and I didn't even have to fool with any of the dash buttons! This technology thing ain't too bad after all. Thanks for the inspiration Adam!

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed a Yamaha Touring windshield on by 16ES. Oh what a difference it makes at highway speeds. It cuts so much wind noise, I can now here that beautiful engine purring.
And now you know. Little too rainy here today to get out, so I changed brakes and rotors on my younger daughter's car, but ran into a seized brake pin...so new caliper bracket, pins and boots are on order for that.

I took 'er down to Auburn's place for the October PNW Tech Meet. I was reminded (on the way back) that I need to get that blown rear shock fixed one of these days.

Did I mention I changed her oil and filter the other day? So I love the easy access to the drain and filter. I do NOT love the way oil goes everywhere when you remove the filter (which I only did after it was done coming out from the drain plug). Am I missing something?

Scraped the right peg hard, running the back roads to Aunt Kelly's house. A smooth right turn from Mount Vernon onto Powers Ferry at about 40 mph.
Startled the shit out of me at first; then opened up a big ole grin. "Now THAT'S what I'm talkin bout ..."
To those not from here - that's in the city. Hooligan.

Did I mention I changed her oil and filter the other day? So I love the easy access to the drain and filter. I do NOT love the way oil goes everywhere when you remove the filter (which I only did after it was done coming out from the drain plug). Am I missing something?
There are two correct answers:

1. loosen the fairing bolt below the oil filter, pull the fairing piece forward and protect with some aluminum foil.

2. No one will notice; especially on a black bike. Let it drip.

I just remove the fairing bolt and slip a cereal box (or the like) opened up for recycling over the fairing. Once the filter has been changed, it's just a matter of slipping the box back off and throwing it in the garbage.

Installed some Techspec Snake skin tank pads. Perfect fall day for a ride so I tried them out on a 130 mile ride through Indiana's country - not too much color yet. My friend Jerry went with me, on his restored vintage 1972 Honda 350Four.

Since the Cycra hand shields won't work with GEN III's, installed some late model VStrom hand guards.

Functional and not too fugly... time will tell if I warm up to them!

--G

I was able to reset cel #5 from where I assed up last week and let my key lanyard catch on the ram ball link while keying on....again. I bought the same OBDII adapter cable that Adam got from orientexpress.com, and a cheapo OBDII wifi scanner module off of Amazon. I am now armed and dangerous and hoping I don't fat finger my iphone screen somehow while connected. Works like a charm, and I didn't even have to fool with any of the dash buttons! This technology thing ain't too bad after all. Thanks for the inspiration Adam!
Awesome! :)

I went for my first ride on the 2015 today. Only a short 25 miles it was. Filled the gas tank all the way up to the top. I guess I still need to get used to it. Clutch adjustment is almost all the way out. I don't think I will hit the first oil change until next spring. Hope to spend most of the time adding farkles over the winter. I added my first one today. A new revised design GenIII Big foot.

That's all for now,

Dave

Count Chocula seems to be the best!

Count-Chocula-Box-Small.jpg

I rode the 15 to work today for the first time. Heated grips were nice to have. How do they work if you have grip puppy's on? Can someone shed some light on that for me. The stock handle bars seem to be made for women with small hands. I find myself stumbling around for all the switches on the clutch side. I guess I will eventually get used to it. The 08 seems so much simpler to ride.

Dave