What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
65k mile maintenance. Oil and filter, final drive lube, hydraulic fluids flush (been 2 years), TBS, etc. She's ready for ridin' the 'Daks!! :yahoo:

(but still wish I was haulin' butt to Castlegar next week)

Cleaned the bugs off, tightened the highway pegs, put Airhawk 2 seat pads on the seats (first time to try them), checked and aired tires, and put an overnight bag (for two) and a beach towel in the top case.

Installed a Remus Revolution slip on exhaust. Removed db killer. Installed SuperBrace. Decided to hold off on Luminar Lip cause max strength 24 hours, because...

I plan to ride in the morning...should be about a 400 mile day. :)

I rode my bike to visit my daughter in St. Paul. From Delavan, to Merrimak, took the ferry across Lake Wisconsin, through Baraboo, to Hwy 33, thought Wildcat Mountain, west to the Great River Road, north along the Mississippi up to St. Paul. In St. Paul I am "camping" at a four star hotel downtown. 360+ miles.

Well it wasn't today but I recently came back from a Tampa Florida to San Diego and return ride via back roads thru AL, MS, OK, AR, TX, NM, CO, AZ and LA.

A fine 5560 mile sojourn. The FJR performed flawlessly and even my old worn out body did just fine.

Bill

A gave her a 425 mile shake down ride. The new Remus sounds GREAT. Averaged 42.5 mpg. Half Interstate Half back roads. And 20 miles stop and go through downtown Orlando/Disney Area.

Gave my 5 year old grandson and 8 year old granddaughter their 1 st motorcycle ride! They both loved it!

Put the extended OES frame sliders on:

IMG_9699.jpg

IMG_9692.jpg

IMG_9691.jpg

Like them a lot. They definitely don't seem too long.

Also put the Vista Cruise on, but still having some trouble with that. I'll post that question in the parts forum.

Check the grease on the drive shaft and splines before installing the new MP 3 back on,

bar risers and Scotts helmet locks going on hopefully today too,