What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice protectors. I wonder if they could double as highway pegs?

I need to get a set before i dump my FJ doing something stupid in a parking lot. :dribble:

Today I replaced my rear tire. I did it at home with a set of tire spoons and used a screw jack at the bottom of my truck bumper as a bead breaker. I balanced using the axle and 2 jack stands. Its smooth to at least 70 mph.

I also changed the rear end dope and coated all splines with moly.

Today I drove back from St. Paul to Delavan (two day total 660 miles). Nice weather. The bike ran flawlessly. I also have a new appreciation for my AGV Sport Solare pants. Very comfortable and cool.

I walked over to the shed to show a friend from BC what my FJR looks like. Since I bought the KTM and it's summer-too damned hot to ride a gen l, the FJR is "resting"...

Played with the floating vista cruise some more this evening and am really liking it. Went to the practice parking lot and did tight corners and figure eights. May have had a breakthrough in confidence with getting control of the balance. It's the first time I felt more in control of the FJR than I have the VTX except for stopping, of course, since the FJR has tremendous brakes.

Yesterday I washed the bugs, dirt, sand and salt off it after 3 days riding that includes Pensacola Beach.

Installed the new Russell saddle and put on a quick 100 miles. Filled up the tanks too!

IMG00252-20120619-1518.jpg

All the best,

Shane

Rode it to work and (yesterday) received the Owners Manual/Service Manual on CD.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm There is no authorized Yamaha Service Manual on CD... ;)
When I bought my '06 (POS if you like), I asked the dealer about a workshop manual. His reply was that their manual was on a CD (I think with other Yamaha manuals), but he wasn't allowed to sell me the CD. I have no reason to suppose he was lying to me.

I also have had access to a pdf of a workshop manual that is NOT a scan. All text and diagrams are proper vectors so that they can be magnified indefinitely without pixelating, it must have come from a digital source.

So there are CDs out there that are at least legitimate for UK dealers, and because the pdf I've seen was of a US spec FJR, there must be a US source somewhere. Unless there's been some digital smuggling out of Yamaha.

FYI I do have a digital Gen1 service manual ... it is not a scanned copy. When you click on something in the table of contents it is interactive and takes you to that section, and many other nice hyperlinks within it too.

It would make sense for the dealerships to have them in CD form.. Can you imagine what paper manual would look like after a few monkeys used it? :lol: I suspect a limited amount of smuggling has and will continue to occur. ;)