What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Installed my new Zumo 220 on the left side. Still deciding if I'm going to figure out how to wire it up right or just run it from the glove box. Right now it's all I have planned to power. Maybe LED lights at some point, but that would be it. BTW, I know the 220 got some bad reviews here, but I think most of that was cost and headset connectivity. At $400 it is hopefully a good fit since I just want to look at upcoming turns.

And the Vista Cruise is great now that I've scuffed it up. I recommend it highly with the floating install option.

Also ordered some summer pants to ride a little safer than jeans on our upcoming 4th of July trip to Cumberland Gap. You guys and your ATGATT really provide some positive peer pressure.

Love the Russell seat, nervous.

Also ordered some summer pants to ride a little safer than jeans on our upcoming 4th of July trip to Cumberland Gap. You guys and your ATGATT really provide some positive peer pressure.
My wife fought me on this a little bit but I convinced (blackmailed) her to get some gear. Once she learned she could wear pants and boots without "looking like a boy" she was good. Now she prefers ATGATT and gets nervous at the thought of going without. Well, unless we're cruising along the beach road at 25mph without jackets, lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed my new Zumo 220 on the left side. Still deciding if I'm going to figure out how to wire it up right or just run it from the glove box.
The zumo uses very little power. If you decide that you want it wired more permanently, and want it to come on and off with the bike, a really easy place to pick up switched 12V power (without even needing to remove any tupperware) is the horns.

Pick up some of these solder-less crimp on connectors:

42419039.jpg

And crimp one on your red power lead. Remove the brown wire connector from either horn and push it onto the piggyback, then the piggy-backed wires back onto your horn. The "Signal System" fuse will protect that circuit, but it is best to retain the inline 2 amp fuse that comes on the zumo power cable. Pick up a frame ground for the black wire.

Took a dump in the gas tank.. It's been running to good and I need something to bitch aboot ;)

Finally got around to changing the oil and filter today. I still had the winter oil I put in back in Nov or so but it's been about 3200 miles and the shifting is getting a little clunky. And tomorrow we have a relaxed 130 mile country road ride planned: me, maybe 3 HDs, maybe a few sporties and whatnot. Just depends who can drag the drunk dead-ass outta bed in the morning. It's not much but I'm really looking forward to it, life ain't been so cheery lately. Lost my job 2 weeks ago :angry2: . So far it's ok, the wife and I are good for 10 months without any state assistance or UI so we'll be just fine. Plus I have more tests and and an interview on Tuesday- wish me luck!

Changed oil, installed beverage system, removed raising links, and installed this...

hagon1.jpg

:yahoo: Hagon = tasty goodness!

Shane

The zumo uses very little power. If you decide that you want it wired more permanently, and want it to come on and off with the bike, a really easy place to pick up switched 12V power (without even needing to remove any tupperware) is the horns.

crimp one on your red power lead. Remove the brown wire connector from either horn and push it onto the piggyback, then the piggy-backed wires back onto your horn. The "Signal System" fuse will protect that circuit, but it is best to retain the inline 2 amp fuse that comes on the zumo power cable. Pick up a frame ground for the black wire.
This sounds like a great idea. I've got a long trip on the 4th, so I think I'm going to wait till after that to try it. Pretty new to wiring - where would you put the fuse box that is part of the GPS wiring?

Ordered complete set of OEM brake pads, front and rear, and new air filter from Ron Ayers for Frankenbike; plus, picked up a case of Depends undergarments from CostCo!
Fixed.
Dear Chuckles from Chandler,

Laugh it up if you must, but using Depends can extend your riding time 300 to 400 percent.

Not much else out there short of an auxiliary tank can match that efficiency.

:p

Put my 2 yr. old grandson on the seat. He got pissed he could not reach the grips.

He does where diapers as I shall in about 20 years or 20 days, depends on life, pun intended.

Took it to a BBQ. 252 mile round trip. It liked the journey, but wouldn't eat a burger, just drank 21.18 litres of petrol.

crimp one on your red power lead. Remove the brown wire connector from either horn and push it onto the piggyback, then the piggy-backed wires back onto your horn. The "Signal System" fuse will protect that circuit, but it is best to retain the inline 2 amp fuse that comes on the zumo power cable. Pick up a frame ground for the black wire.
This sounds like a great idea. I've got a long trip on the 4th, so I think I'm going to wait till after that to try it. Pretty new to wiring - where would you put the fuse box that is part of the GPS wiring?
The in-line fuse holder is pretty close to the end of the red power wire. Just ty-wrap the wire up to the horn harness (on whichever side you opt to tap into) up over the radiator.

If you did ever blow the fuse you'd need to remember i's ty-wrapped up in there.

I took my bike to Fleet Farm today. They have a dedicated cement motorcycle parking area. While I was gearing up to leave, a Harley rider and a Victory rider were also getting ready to leave. A guy and his daughter walked right past the Harley and Victory to talk to me and complement the FJR.

What did you do to your FJR today?

There are probably a lot of things folks do to their FJRs that may not warrant a whole new topic. This thread is a place to post such things.

I'm kind of surprised there isn't already a thread like this here already, so mods feel free to delete this if I missed it somehow.

Gave her a bath and took the seat in to be modified~