What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rode the bitch a hard 300 miles today in Colorado including Telluride and Independence Pass. Life's tough. :p

Installed road runners wiring harness, inspected the spiders (all good) did the 8K service including new CR8EIX plugs (thank you unnamed national auto parts store chain for having those AND being open on the 4th of July) and synced the TB's. But the best part was the 45 minutes of pure bliss while doing the test ride. :D

Made the annual change from winter shield to summer shield....I hear summer's coming tomorrow!! :smile3:

Rode the bitch a hard 300 miles today in Colorado including Telluride and Independence Pass. Life's tough. :p
I thought you were hunting for a job... :unknw: ...opportunities in Colorado?

--G

I thought you were hunting for a job... :unknw: ...opportunities in Colorado?

--G
Ah George, you are such a Silly Rabbit! Trix are for Kids and Jobs are not for SkooterG! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!

trixmagnets1979-front1.jpg

Yesterday rode about 300 miles. Today rode her to the dealer for the 4000mi service. Next week is my first attempt at a SS1000 and BB1500

sprayed her with water to get the bugs off the front. No soap, that would just spoil her and she's want it every time.

Going to be 100 again today, at least that keeps the bugs quiet.

Installed new Pilot Road 3 on back. Changed the oil. Replaced the Grip Puppies and then yesterday did an IBA ride from Indiana to St Paul Minnesota and back home to scrub in the new tire. Was pleased to finish in 18 hours. Bike ran great even in this miserable Midwest heat wave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put on the PC3 usb Bought here from a fellow member. The install was quick and painless. I loaded Uslesspickles smoothness map (for k&n since I have the airbox cutout mod)and set the throttle positions. Set the co back to stock and unplugged the O2 sensor.

The test drive was great, smooth and strong. No off idle lag or surge at steady speed. It pulls hard from idle right on up.

Unfortunately, the test drive was cut short (just around the block in fact) There were black clouds in the distance but I figgured I could get 5 or 10 miles in.

The huge lightening strikes that began within a mile of me caused a change of plan.

This wasn't a matter of getting wet, it was a matter of staying alive!

I made it home and got the bike covered with just seconds to spare.

Yes perhaps I am a pu$$y, but I shall ride another day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Installed 7/8" lowering links, lowered the clamp on the tubes, and did a little grinding to adjust the side stand angle. Excellent!

Then I started removing plastic. Tomorrow I work on lights (Glendas on the forks) and horns (PIAA Slimline)

Put Wynpro's Knifemaker passenger floorboards on for the wife and reflective stickers from Alex at ReatTimeIndustries.com for both of us. Looks good.

**** yourself is always good! only bettered by GO..
Speaking of **** Ups, here's Bust! Since it is about a kazillion degrees here in "The Valley of the Blast Furnace" - Phoenix, Arizona: I set the alarm for 0400 and did a 5K service on Miss Lucy Liu, The Stanley Boys 2003 FJR.

All my parts were ordered and delivered by my illegitimate bastard Son SkooterG; Lucy got fresh Rotella, new oil filter, new air filter, tires properly inflated, NAFO Decals added to the windshield and she was generally checked out.

A few broken plastic windshield screws were also replaced and some of the old tupperware plastic quick fasteners were busted and also replaced. Seth and I leave for Salida, Colorado on Tuesday and Lucy is now ready for SW-FOG.

SW-FOG will consume 2K miles and then the Oregon Ride to Eat will burn off 3K more, Lucy will be ready for another service mid-September. Since Bustanut joker will be riding our Lucy to La Pine, I will fully cover the seat with duct tape; since that Jackass usually shits and pisses his pants while he rides along. In the words of our Herr Petey: What a Jackwagon!

Rode the long, back roads, rough pavement way home from dinner (including Old Woodonville-Duvall road, then W. Snoqualmie Valley Rd) And read the suspension tuning thread last night to check things out today.

My 9 LED 194 lamps arrived in the mail, and I gathered up the relays & bulb holders I had squirreled away for adding European driving lights to my FJR.

LED-Can-Bus-Bulb-Gallery1-_WLED-x9-CBT.jpg

Pulled plastic last evening to access the rear of the headlamp cowling. With that down, I used an extension to mount the Unibit & drill out the Cowling to accept the 194 bulb sockets.

Hope to jump on it later on this afternoon. It is going to look pretty cool when completed.

My 9 LED 194 lamps arrived in the mail, and I gathered up the relays & bulb holders I had squirreled away for adding European driving lights to my FJR.

LED-Can-Bus-Bulb-Gallery1-_WLED-x9-CBT.jpg

Pulled plastic last evening to access the rear of the headlamp cowling. With that down, I used an extension to mount the Unibit & drill out the Cowling to accept the 194 bulb sockets.

Hope to jump on it later on this afternoon. It is going to look pretty cool when completed.
Yikes! You are going to have LED headlights?