What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was raining again today.. I pushed it outside, so I guess you could say it got it's yearly bath..
Ya fecking Jackass, hopefully you also stood in the rain with your FJR so you too got your yearly bath before you fly out to the Southwest. As our Herr Petey says: Jackwagon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was wanting just a bit more tail light showing on the back of my fjr, so I made up a light bar to mount a couple LED taillights. Looking for someplace to mount my GPS, I used the threaded hole in the left hand grip. The GPS mount began life as a suction cup mount. I removed the rubber bits & epoxied a 10mm bolt instead. I chucked the mount into a drill press using the bolt & with a hand grinder, I removed the excess plastic from the mount. A little black paint will probably return it to its previous splendor.

light-rail3.jpg

GPS-Stalk2.jpg

light-rail.jpg

Great job on the light bar Den! I'd like to know how you mounted everything. Maybe you could put a more detailed post in the Parts and Accessories forum when you get time. It looks pretty clever to me. You can never be visible enough at times. Again, excellent work!

Guess who just finished blowing out the air filter and reassembling the box? What a PITA! I thought I'd never get the cover back on the air box. I was able to get the cover off without removing the shift actuator, but had to remove it anyway to get it back together. It's just too tight of a fit. Doing that maintenace duty next time will be a little easier, but I'm not looking forward to it.

Installed a Pilot Power front tire, changed the brake and clutch fluids.

Installed my new cycle ax temp gauge :)

It was raining again today.. I pushed it outside, so I guess you could say it got it's yearly bath..
Ya fecking Jackass, hopefully you also stood in the rain with your FJR so you too got your yearly bath before you fly out to the Southwest. As our Herr Petey says: Jackwagon!
Nope! I ain't due till April... Do make sure I have clean sheets ok?

I installed a Helibar triple-clamp. What a difference! Much more upright riding position and a lot less weight leaning forward on my wrists so that pain is gone!! :yahoo:

Granger

Two months of ownership today! Odometer passed 6500 miles on the way to have new PR2's front and rear installed. The front was cupping badly, the rear could probably go another couple thousand miles so I kept it for possible later use or donation.

Inspected tires and decided they weren't up for a run to the dragon on my upcoming vacation.

I think I'll order a set of PR3'2 tomorrow.

I've been busy today!

First I ptu together a list of goodies I want to order or things to do to the bike so I can prioritize and budget.

Then:

1. Confirmed that I have an N104 on the way.

2. Ordered Wild Bill highway pegs (longer, rubber top) and mounts, to be sent off to Garauld and powdercoated. Garauld also powdercoats pegs, not just the peg mounts.

3. Confirmed powdercoating with Garauld and also ordered light mount brackets.

4. And tomorrow will also order up a Sena SMH10 from Alex @ Realtime Industries.

rode to work...ordered pr3's

I'll get to try out my homemade tire machine soon. It has to work better than using a scissor jack under the bumper of my truck.

Rode it to worm, came home and tore the tank off. Adjusted the arm on the sending unit to come on at 1 gallon, and made vent holes in the filler neck so I can fill it all the way up without taking forever for the tank to burp out air.

By Golly if it didn't rain again today!! I noticed a spider had built a web on the fat bitch, so out in the rain for yet another bath.. No.. I didn't dry or wax the pig.

Never do.

Went to Dicks Sporting Goods and bought baseball bat tape and wrapped my Givi support rack. It is very nice stuff, gel, and makes it nice for a passenger to grab instead of the bare metal. I like it a lot.

By Golly if it didn't rain again today!! I noticed a spider had built a web on the fat bitch, so out in the rain for yet another bath.. No.. I didn't dry or wax the pig.

Never do.
Listen up you fecking Jackoff, before I take you back to Sky Harbor PHX airport for your return flight to that Hell Hole Owosso-Shitass-Michigan you will wash/dry my beautiful and lovely FJR Miss Lucy Liu. I will wash mein Fraulein Gisele - BMW K1600GT while you are washing and drying Lucy. I will take care of the waxing of both bikes, because I am fairly sure you would **** that up. A clean bike is a happy bike, all my bikes get a bath when they come in from being out on the road.

By the way PenisBreath (HotRodZilla's Butt Buddy!), have you booked your flights to and from Arizona yet, it is less than a month before you come West and pollute my wonderful state of Arizona. Send me the info!

Also, Herr Petey looked at my rear Pirelli Angel tire while we were together at SW-FOG in Colorado. "Chuck Norris Sr." isn't sure if it has enough tread for Oregon, so Lucy will have a new Pilot Road 2 on her for you! So Dickwad, you can ride an FJR with a motorcycle tire mounted on the back, can't you?!?!?

Listen up you fecking Jackoff, before I take you back to Sky Harbor PHX airport for your return flight to that Hell Hole Owosso-Shitass-Michigan you will wash/dry my beautiful and lovely FJR Miss Lucy Liu. I will wash mein Fraulein Gisele - BMW K1600GT while you are washing and drying Lucy. I will take care of the waxing of both bikes, because I am fairly sure you would **** that up. A clean bike is a happy bike, all my bikes get a bath when they come in from being out on the road.
If you two jerkoffs pull that wet soapy thong stunt again, you're gonna get thrown in prison. That moob slapping, ass cheek grabbing cluster **** may be acceptable in the eastern part of the country, but conservative AZ is gonna freak the **** out. So, do us all a favor and keep it inside in your bath tub. Freaks.