What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hay Don while Bust is washing your bike maybe I'll stay and see if I can get him to do mine.

Just a thought.

Joe

Not very exciting, but have almost re-assembled KrZy8Eh after a near complete tear down. Sub frame on, tail light assembly, rectifier regulator, front plastic upper and lower, engine heat shield and T-bar. Another 10 hours in the shop.. :yahoo:

Not very exciting, but have almost re-assembled KrZy8Eh after a near complete tear down. Sub frame on, tail light assembly, rectifier regulator, front plastic upper and lower, engine heat shield and T-bar. Another 10 hours in the shop.. :yahoo:
Maybe not exciting, but talk about significant! How long has it been down?

Get cracking you slacker! :p

Maybe not exciting, but talk about significant! How long has it been down?

Get cracking you slacker! :p
Hmm. I rode Wabs to NAFO, Castelgar, cause KrZy8Eh was down and out, that was late June?
..back to the shop now, sir!

Today, after work (now) I am looking at my new PR3's in the living room floor. Making excuses why I can't install them tonite. It's to hot out. The skeeters are out. I am tired. The list goes on and on...

AuburnFJR and I put in new tapered steering head bearings in, it really rides nice now. :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bit of a marathon day working on my 2006 FJR that I bought last weekend. Lets see...

1. Installed a Givi SR357 to mount the E55 (found a great deal on eBay).

2. Changed the oil to Rotella T-6 and Purolator filter.

3. Changed rear gear oil to Mobil 1 75w140.

4. Installed heated grips.

5. Did a self made G2 mod ala HaulinAshe and Brodie. Took about 15 minutes with the dremel tool.

6. Did the trottle spring mod and adjusted throttle cable while there.

7. Replaced plugs which was very needed.

8. Installed the throttlemeister.

9. Did the Barbarian mod and upped the co levels a bit.

10. Checked the air filter but it was in good shape.

11. Cleaned the hell out if it! :D

I have not had a change to ride it yet to see what all the mods did as it was pouring here in Dallas, but I will be heading back to Ft. Sill tomorrow so I will have plenty of time to feel it out.

The only things that I have left immediatly are to install the tapered head bearings to maybe help out the the horrible death wobble I have from 25-60 mph (ordered but not in yet) and my wife wants me to put a pad on the E55 for her. Of course I say that is all for now but I am sure I will find something else here soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a bit of a marathon day working on my 2006 FJR that I bought last weekend. Lets see...

1. Installed a Givi SR357 to mount the E55 (found a great deal on eBay).

and my wife wants me to put a pad on the E55 for her. Of course I say that is all for now but I am sure I will find something else here soon.
Get her to try it out first. My wife did not like the back rest at all; it pushed her forward into an uncomfortable position. I actually returned the pad for a refund.

Congrats on the new bike!

Listen up you fecking Jackoff, before I take you back to Sky Harbor PHX airport for your return flight to that Hell Hole Owosso-Shitass-Michigan you will wash/dry my beautiful and lovely FJR Miss Lucy Liu. I will wash mein Fraulein Gisele - BMW K1600GT while you are washing and drying Lucy. I will take care of the waxing of both bikes, because I am fairly sure you would **** that up. A clean bike is a happy bike, all my bikes get a bath when they come in from being out on the road.
I figured you'd have Scooter do the waxing...You know how he's always waxin off an all. ;)

I spent around 4 hours of a rainy day mounting and balancing my new PR3's.

The home made tire machine didn't work as planned, but with a bit of redesign and tweaking it got the job done.

The Mark Pharnes Balancer worked great! I am within 2 grams of perfect on the font wheel assy.

I spun it before I broke it down (front) looking for vibration (hand numbing) sources. It was more than 1 ounce off.

The test drive was only 2 or 3 miles to the closest food establishment. The tires felt smooth as silk, and greasy. I have zero faith in their ability to stick just yet.

Today??? I flopped her around in a rocky ditch in the mountains. :-(
Damn it all to hell, very sorry to hear about this. Get well soon Jeff and glad to read that Brie is unscratched, fecking cage drivers suck!
+1 Gunny! Wow Jeff, sounds like neither choice was good but glad you came out of it relatively unscathed.

--G