What do ya think of my GIVI?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
After much thought and running back and forth to Daytona this last week, it became evident that I needed more storage! I've solved that! What do you all think?

P3121258.jpg

P3121261.jpg

P3121260.jpg

P3121265.jpg

Is that the V46 or E52?  Looks good!
E52 I guess? MAXIA is what I was told it is. Tried the V46, but the fit of 2 helmets was really tight, so I got the bigger MAXIA (52 liter). No problem getting 2 helmets and then some. Just that inch makes the dif.

MAXIA

The dimensions of this case are:

23"L x 16.8"W x 11.5"H

V46

The dimensions of these cases are:

22L" x 17"W x 13"H

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good :clap: ...I've been thinking about a topcase myself...didn't care for the looks of the yamaha case. I would be interested in pictures of the bike with bag removed. Only thing stopping me is ruining the look of the tail :unsure:

That looks very nice. I went with the V46 because I though the E52 would look huge but it doesn't look much different from the V46 on the bike.

I found the paint on the Givi rack to be pretty poor. There is no primer under it and it is likely to rust pretty quick. I also didn't like the color so I painted mine. There are also a couple of threads on the forum talking about powder coating for it.

RTSR1/FJR: Can you post pictures of the mounting rack/plate alone (without the top case)?? I would like to see what it looks like in terms of overall bike look and fit/finish up close.

-BD

RTSR1/FJR: Can you post pictures of the mounting rack/plate alone (without the top case)?? I would like to see what it looks like in terms of overall bike look and fit/finish up close.
-BD
Ok, just for you guys, I went out in the dead of night and snapped some pics for you! It was freezing out! Must of been 75 degrees! lol

Hope these do it for you BrunDog! The fit and finish seem to be fine. I see nothing wrong with it. Time will tell. If need be at a later date, I'll have it PC'd. Color matches fine I think, but I do have an '03 though, so the silver is very close.

P3141281.jpg

P3141272.jpg

P3141280.jpg

P3141279.jpg

P3141278.jpg

P3141277.jpg

P3141274.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: