What was your best de-farkle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm...... I can't think of a single farkle I have removed on purpose, save those dumb-ass Hi-Lo HID capsules with the ridiculous "butterfly" wings circa 2005.... the old tyme vets on the forum will recall that mess... :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Throttle rocker...always seemed to be in the way. Throttle Meister and cruise control work much better.

2. Passenger peg-lowering kit. Also always seemed to be in MY way.

3. Engine PAIR setup. Not really a farkle, but also was always in the way.

4. V-Stream and Cee Bailey windshields. Neither worked for me, but a Rifle did.

5. Tech-Mount stem setup. Impossible to get to work with Heli-Bars.

Took off the hugger I bought in a group buy here on the Forum. It worked for awhile then crumpled at the mount. Need an upgrade?

Erm...... I can't think of a single farkle I have removed on purpose, save those dumb-ass Hi-Lo HID capsules with the ridiculous "butterfly" wings circa 2005.... the old tyme vets on the forum will recall that mess... :rolleyes:
But you had so much fun p[laying with those little butterflies! :yahoo: or was it :dribble:

I keep watching this thread, because I'm waiting for someone to say their best defarkle was their ex!

#1 - Throttlemeister. Not removed. Just not used except as bar end weights. The Signalminder comments, above, are also spot on (I never did install the spring kit - did anyone?) . Also, did you know that your turn signals stop working altogether if you short the sucker out?

Best removed? Wild Bill Highway Pegs

Papa Chuy: Changed out my brass Mexican beer bottle opener mounted on my 2003 Miss Lucy Liu Givi rack carrier with a chrome one; too much work having to polish with Brasso once a week or so!

For me, it was removing the grip puppies. I'm probably the only person on here that doesn't like them. For me they make the bike feel twice as big as it is - can't explain it.

Grip puppies! too spongy and soft for getting the feel/input from the front end while riding, shall I say "Faster then I should be" in the twisties! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

For me, it was removing the grip puppies. I'm probably the only person on here that doesn't like them. For me they make the bike feel twice as big as it is - can't explain it.
Have to admit you've surprised me here on a Friday, Neil. As El Cajone pointed out, I really thought you'd say that removing johnny80s and FJRBluesman as your pillions was your best de-farkle yet!

I might be the biggest defarkler on the forum...

Farkles I have removed from my bike:

Corbin Canyon close seat (came on the bike. Too hard)

Corbin Canyon regular (swapped for the close. Just as hard)

Corbin Modular heated drivers seat w/ custom extra padding (tried it, still too brick-like)

Rick Mayer dual seat (bought from a crashed bike. Almost good enough)

Stock seats (sent to Russell. Seat problem fixed)

V-stream windshield (Tried it. Too big and too ugly)

CalSci Xtra Tall windshield (looked better, but didn't work for me)

Bought Rifle for winter and use the stock shield with tuning block for summer.

AVCC Cruise control (was fun installing and playing with it, but I hardly ever used it and it was just extra shit to break. Now use low tech Vista Cruise and Throttle Rocker)

Telescopic HID headlights (actually a deer removed these for me and I just have never put them back on after the new body work)

Hella FF50 aux lights and Garaulds brackets (these sucked too much power for what you get for light, so they aren't going back on)

The best removal? The Corbins. Those things were instruments of sheer buttock torture.

Come on people. Let's stick to the grain of this thread.

A de-farkle is something you ADDED to the bike after initial purchase, then later REMOVED/REPLACED.

My list is long. Database export is still running!

:(

Come on people. Let's stick to the grain of this thread.A de-farkle is something you ADDED to the bike after initial purchase, then later REMOVED/REPLACED.

My list is long. Database export is still running!

:(
(Unfortunately) my long list is all stuff I added and then removed.

Well, except for the first corbin which the PO farkled on there.

Kissan Signalminder. Sure, it would turn off the turn signals, but then you had to remember to hit the signal cancel button anyway before using your signals again the next time. They need to come up with another reminder to do that. Not.
a >100 db beeper is my best solution...at least they quit calling me "Flash"

I solved the problem by putting a couple bright surface mount LEDs (Clicky), one on each side, that are much brighter than the dim Gen II indicators. Hard to miss 'em now.
I'm curious. Did you mount these so they made the original turn signal display brighter - that is, used them to replace the OEM lighting source for the turn signal indicator displays - or added them somewhere as an addition to to the stock turnsignal indicator displays. If the latter where did you put them. In either case, how did you wire them? Thanks

I have not defarkled anything yet. I did consider removing my Muzzy system because it is loud, but I haven't yet. And I liked my fork brace when I first installed it, but I'm not sure it really makes a difference. Other than that I have been happy with everything.

Crampbuster from my throttle. Everytime I tried to make a hard left U/turn, my bike would excellerate. I have the AE version. VERY UNSAFE !

Leo's highway pegs that mounted to Skyway sliders....ugly AND useless, what a combo!

Maybe the next thread needs to be "most money spent on a useless farkle", I'm sure I have a bunch of those kicking around the garage somewhere.