What was your best de-farkle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5. Tech-Mount stem setup. Impossible to get to work with Heli-Bars.
More data please. I ask because I just install this combo and don't see an issue,

not yet anyway. Are you talking about stem nut mount ?

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
5. Tech-Mount stem setup. Impossible to get to work with Heli-Bars.
More data please. I ask because I just install this combo and don't see an issue,

not yet anyway. Are you talking about stem nut mount ?
With the bars being moved back you can't adjust (tighten) the bolt that adjusts the lean angle on the upright (of the Techmount). I had to remove one of the bars to adjust it, too much of a pain-in-the-ass.

El-cheapo JC Whitney top box after launching it on the first ride (and it was empty at the time). Good news - JC Whitney refunded my money (less return shipping), but what a colosal waste of time to save a few buxxs

Installed a Shad SH46 after that and have been very happy ever since! :D

For me, it was removing the grip puppies. I'm probably the only person on here that doesn't like them. For me they make the bike feel twice as big as it is - can't explain it.

+1 .... I used them on my 2004 FJR, and then again on my 2008....but after riding the bike for about 6 months with the puppies, I took them off to give it a fresh try...and found that unlike my '04 model, the grips were practically buzz free. So, no more puppies for me. I prefer the smaller diameter grips, seems to held the bike handle better in tight turns.

I must admit semi-noob 5lbtrout, this is an excellent post question. Great job. :yahoo:
I like reading what everyone has to say.
Even blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.

Remember that another question of mine from last night quickly went into NEPRT.

I just noticed that I don't have the fenda-extenda anymore. Not sure I would have taken it off on purpose though. :angry2:

My best de-farkle, was removing the Top Gun "TOG's".

I couldn't afford sliders with the offset bracket, and didn't like the other options. Those TOG's saved me a couple times while I saved up! I finally got a pair of Motovation sliders and passed the TOG's on to another Forum member. Something I would not have known about without the Forum. Thanks Dudes!

I don't really consider the throttle rocker to be a farkle...it's just too plain. But it came off (and hasn't been seen since) after it damn near killed me. Dump yours too. They're evil.

Cheers,

W2

Last edited by a moderator:
1)I changed out my stock seats for the Yamaha comfort seats. They worked great last year for my wife and I but for some reason we were both in pain this year riding on them. So they were removed for a Sargent set of seats and we really like them. The most comfortable seats so far.

2) had the vstrom hand gaurds then removed them. They were to hot in the summer and I don't really feel that much wind on my hands without them in the cold weather. Plus I have heated grips.

3)I had a stock shield with Limnar lip which worked good but look kind of strange. removed both for a CB dark smoke +2 taller stock shape, then removed it for a yamaha touring shield, then removed it for a CB stock size stock shape dark smoke with a dark smoke limnar lip which is what I'm still running. This is the best combo for me

4) I was using a Givi E460 trunk until it jumped off my bike twice the second time I never found the case. So I now run the Yamaha touring trunk because I can see that it is latched onto the bike.

So that's my story in defarkling.

Eric

I must admit semi-noob 5lbtrout, this is an excellent post question. Great job. :yahoo: I like reading what everyone has to say.
Even blind squirrels find acorns once in a while.
Remember that another question of mine from last night quickly went into NEPRT.
Well yeah, that fan question was without a doubt NEPRT.
But this one I've never heard anyone ask, it's a great question for those to find out what people didn't like of their farkles. Ask them what they like, and it'll be a post longer than War and Peace.

Again great job! :yahoo:

1) Crampbuster - It didn't live 10 minutes before I determined that thing is a death trap!

2) Top Gun Shelf - Made my '05 look like a damn 18-wheeler. Only thing missing was a whipping CB antenna.

3) Tires - Haven't found a pair yet that I'd leave on the bike. :)