What was your best de-farkle?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grip puppies. To big for me and felt too weird.
Scott

The grip puppies were just to fat.
Grip Puppies were too fat for me too. I cut them off and used bicycle bar wrap. Only issue is that when you finish rolling the end of the grip, I had to use electrical tape. Unless you of another way to do it. I got the idea from someone here on this forum. Works great!

i've had to think about this a lot. on my previous bike it would be the Saddleman Road Sofa "custom" seat. on the FJR it would be the Airhawk cushion. neither did their job nor justified their price. both were replaced by Russells which have been wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator:
hmm... tough one. i love all the bullshit y'all have made me purchase over the years through group buys.

the ONLY thing I have removed at all is the throttlerocker but that was after The Great Smitty installed a AVCC on my bike.

Trailtech HID aux lights. They are nice but unusable unless you are alone on the road. They are being replaced with a set of Krista LED lights from Clearwater. Being able to dim them is a feature that cannot be overstated. Plus, at full tilt they put out as much light as the Trailtech's.

The bike had a SuperBrace fork brace on it when I got it as well as leaking fork seals. After talking with Lee at Traxxion I left the fork brace off when I rebuilt the forks.

I solved the problem by putting a couple bright surface mount LEDs (Clicky), one on each side, that are much brighter than the dim Gen II indicators. Hard to miss 'em now.

Sounds like something I need. Any pics of the installation?

The bike had a SuperBrace fork brace on it when I got it as well as leaking fork seals. After talking with Lee at Traxxion I left the fork brace off when I rebuilt the forks.
Did you save the Superbrace? Wanna unload it? PM me.
Be careful Howie, I heard the fork brace can lead to CCT failure. Just sayin'. :p

At first reading of this thread, could not come up with anything....

But I can now remember that the best defarkle was removing the radar detector off my bike.

Not having the right wiring to have it sound into my earpiece made it utterly worthless, my fault totally though.

I have very few farkles in the first place. Beauty of this thread is looks like I saved a bunch of $ putting crap on I would have just taken off later :clapping:

For me it was removing after market exhausts and putting back the OEM cans.
As someone said once on this board, "I love my woman and my bike but don't want to listen to either of them all day long."

What was your favorite de-farkle?
Amen!...I second that. :clapping:

Well not my farkel but Yamaha's, that DAMN Warning sticker on that beautiful gas tank!

I got it with soaking it in Goo Be Gone but what a pain to do.

Only thing I have taken off........

Well not my farkel but Yamaha's, that DAMN Warning sticker on that beautiful gas tank!

I got it with soaking it in Goo Be Gone but what a pain to do.

Only thing I have taken off........

Damn Double Posted

Hey Admin can you help me out?