Whats The secret to cold wet weather clear vision.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buy a Scorpian Helmet with the No Fog Lense. I swear you will not fog up, I rode from So Cal to Northern Cal and it didnt fog once during a very heavy rain storm, and riding in freezing conditions. The drops were more annoying when it rained, but it never fogged up. There is a couple threads on these helmets, especially 700 model, and for less than a couple $$, you won't be disapointed.

https://www.scorpionusa.com/

I've heard that smearing and wiping some shaving cream on the inside of the visor works quite well.  I've never tried it though.... I keep forgetting to do so.
@etz...you are absolutely right! Shaving cream is a soap product and it really works...simple(and cheap)solution for a serious safety concern... :assasin:

Uh, skyway, I believe the correct expression is 'slack-jawed mouth-breather.'

You know, we all have one in the family (hopefully by marriage).

:D

The cat crap stuff does work I snowboard and use it on gogles. It is avalible at most ski shops. you wipe it on wipe it off and your done. It seems to last quite a while also.

The cat crap stuff does work I snowboard and use it on gogles. It is avalible at most ski shops. you wipe it on wipe it off and your done. It seems to last quite a while also.
I have some of this as well. It will definitely help those who wear glasses. That combined with the pinlock insert should do the trick for combating fogging.

After the 22 degree ride into work a couple of weeks ago... I've purchased a balaklava and glove liners... I'm warm, but fogging is still a problem. Anyone have a link to the Cat Crap site? (I'm in Alabama... so I'm not investing in electrically heated gear).

After the 22 degree ride into work a couple of weeks ago... I've purchased a balaklava and glove liners... I'm warm, but fogging is still a problem.  Anyone have a link to the Cat Crap site?  (I'm in Alabama... so I'm not investing in electrically heated gear).
ummm .... just guessing, but...

https://www.catcrap.com/

I should've exlpained better... I get some weird database error when I try to order from the catcrap site (it sends you to glasssafe or something)... I'll google and keep looking. Thanks.

Cat Crap is also sold in sporting goods stores as an anti-fog treatment for rifle scopes/binoculars. It works reasonably well, as does cracking your visor (particularily on an Arai). Some of the HJC helmets (CL12/CL14) can be retrofitted with electric snowmobile faceshields which use an RCA type jack to heat the screen. You can also use a breathguard to minimize the amount of air you exhale inside your helmet with an HJC. I noticed that when I use one of the stick on anti-fog liners that fit inside the shield, I occasionally get glare and distorted optics inside the helmet when the sun angle is just right.

An old scuba divers trick is to rub the inside of the mask with a raw potatoe, used to be effective anti fog treatment before commercial products became readily available. B)

I see pictures of you guys riding in snow and rain ? what gives
They are missing the most necessary farkles for bad weather operation.

Farkle #1 -----Lazyboy recliner

Farkle #2 -----Remote control for TV

Farkle #3 -----Drink of choice

:D