What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee, it's raining in Northern California...imagine that. Well over 90 inches since last fall, starting to look like a record breaker this season. Forecast? Sun on Friday and Saturday then 4-5 more days of rain. What the heck, this isn't western Washington, is it?
And this morning, at 8,383' elevation, Sugar Bowl is reporting a seasonal snowfall total of 760" with more coming down. Seems to me that their record is just under 830", but that this season is in second place and still going. This Oregon style gloominess is getting tiring, but we sure kicked that drought's ass this winter.

Not sure if anyone else has seen it in the news, but the St.Louis area has had several bouts of flooding since Monday. All of the major highways to the south of the city have been closed due to flooding.

We have essentially been marooned at home since then, as all roads out from where we live are also covered with water. No danger of our house being flooded, we are just stuck where we are with no provisions availabile other than the BP station.

Worse yet, we now are expecting another 3-4 inches of rain. Thankfully we have food and enough booze, but the wife's medication runs out Saturday, so hopefully we will be able to venture out by then to get the refil.

Back in 2015 the nearest town, Pacific MO, suffered massive flooding hundreds of homes and businesses were damaged. They just resently rebuilt pretty much all of it, now it's all damaged again.

This time many had more notice of the impending flood, and hopefully won't suffer as much loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I had a weather forecasting JOB. Only get it right 40% of the time. ITS been way off so far this year.

Calling for rain right now. AHHH blue sky and nice. Take you're best guess.???!!!!

Hot and Dry.

Extended Forecast.

Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,Repeat,

It was quite pleasant here the past few days, but now it's raining, will be all-day, and possibly tomorrow as well.. Ah well, I have projects to catch up on!

It's raining, big deal...I'll be heading down to the SEO Ramble in a few hours.
punk.gif

River through Fredericton is pretty much at flood stage. Up to four inches of rain in the forecast in an area where much more than an inch of rain in a single storm event is significant. I am expecting areas near the river will be significantly flooded this year! Thankfully, I live 50'+ above the normal river level but I may not be able to get to work for a day or two. We'll see if the weather guys got it right or not!

1st 80 degree day of the year yestiddy. 1st T-shirt ride of the season. Today we're supposed to get thunderstorms and hail for most of the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's just say yesterday was not a good day to ride to work. Well at least it didn't hail on me. 70 and sun in the morning, thunderstorms and rain so hard you couldn't see in the afternoon.
This morning at 4am the old 15 passenger Community Transit van felt like it floated most of the way down the freeway, hardest I fought the wheel in a long time

The 18 wheelers were doing 35 with their four ways flashing!

Glad you made it in safe Pops!

Weather has really sucked here lately in NJ. A week ago it hit 91. Then, by mid-week it was 42 going up to low 60's A few sunny days, but lots of rain, mostly cold, overcast. At least everything is growing, including the poison ivy. Gettin' out tomorrow for 2 weeks in the Bahamas to work on our home there.

Geez, it's been almost a month since there has been a weather post!

Weather has been uniformly lousy in the Northeast (at least in Atlantic Canada). With the exception of a couple of days, May was cold and wet. Same with June, so far and for the next several days. I can see, however, a faint glimmer of sunshine and some small hope of some warmer days and nights in the longer range forecast.

Time to dig out some camping gear and head for New Hampshire for a few days. Planning to head out in a week. Unless, of course, the forecast gets changed (yet again).

Where is this global warming people keep talking about?