What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had good enough weather to get the ice out of the driveway 3 weeks ago. Didn't get to go for a a ride, but all ready to go. Snowed the next day............ Been like that for 3 weeks now. I think we might have turned the corner into spring. Now it's just raining like seattle :(

There have been only two (2) partly cloudy days here in over two months! All it does is rain and more rain. I've lived on the OR coast since '81 and I've never seen weather like this. The road (126) from here to Eugene is closed for several hours regularly at high tide with river combined with ocean water over the road. There is water standing everywhere where there has never been standing water. Long range prediction maps show no let up in sight into next month. I use EU GFS forecast maps since the EU computer models seem more accurate for North America than NOAA info.

I finally took the snow tires off the car Saturday for the winter that never was...

Winter Storm Warning issued for tonight and Tuesday.

Well, Tom, Sugar Bowl has so far gotten 679" of snowfall at the top (8,383') this year. No snow here at 3,000', 73* F today, with sunshine, blue skies and no clouds. Going skiing Wednesday 53 miles from here, so I better get the iron and yellow wax out this evening or tomorrow.

Well, Tom, Sugar Bowl has so far gotten 679" of snowfall at the top (8,383') this year. No snow here at 3,000', 73* F today, with sunshine, blue skies and no clouds. Going skiing Wednesday 53 miles from here, so I better get the iron and yellow wax out this evening or tomorrow.
I want to see you jump off the Palisades and stick!

Have fun. It would figure that once good weather returned to CA, we'd be screwed here.

I finally took the snow tires off the car Saturday for the winter that never was...
Winter Storm Warning issued for tonight and Tuesday.
Heh, Heh, looks like you guys are about to get what we had to deal with for 3 months. Finally got the Bandit out yesterday for the 1st ride out of town. 65 mile round trip averaging around 82 mph. With the approriate stops for a drink and burger.

Damn that was nice.

Now it looks like rain for the next week nonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstopnonstop

Da Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to see you jump off the Palisades and stick!
HA! Once upon a time . . . maybe, :rolleyes: . . . but only with it this full of snow so that most of the cliff bands are filled in, skiable steeps (and not hucking myself off the most hairball sections). But just a month shy of 65, I'd flag the patrol and rely on them chasing the old codger off the ridge before "sticking" becomes a too likely upside down burial. :p

Wish you were back out here so we could dare one another to do stupid geezer tricks. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in New England we're having a late winter nor'easter today. 2-4" inches of snow per hour (18" total forecasted) and high winds, coastal erosion, etc. Looks like the bike stays in the garage a while longer.

Don't ask. !!!!! Foot of fresh snow today. Could have been worse 75 miles from here 30 inches.

Cold next 7 days. Someday it will go away. Warmest Feb. on record. Mar. sucking so far.

24" last I looked... I need to figure out a way to swap out my snowblower engine and drop an FJR motor in there...

Dislike.
cold.gif

350 miles NE of Albany Australia, look south and west, South of Perth. Crossing the Great Australian Bight, weather at sea deteriorated yesterday so the Captain rerouted to avoid 24 foot waves. Wind was blowing 40 Knots (52 mph) twilight breeze, with temp about 70 F. Living life, day 9 of the 29 day cruise. Pants still fit! No worries!

Yeah nice snow blower. Runs out of gas at end of driveway.. .... ...... .......

Construction guy i knew many years ago had a snowblower attachment for his Bobcat. 4 wheeled small earth moving vehicle.

THAT thing could throw snow 30 feet high and 50-60 feet.