What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brrr.....

MmXYMZNl.jpg

Well, I'd say about half of them do. The only real issue is those commuting to work. I read the average commute for St. Louis area workers is 25 minutes. (This using highways) It's obvious to me only about half the drivers know how to drive in snow. Likely old farts like me that have more experience do, but some still don't understand the physics involved. Young drivers are the worst, perhaps no fault of their own. They either drive way too slow, or way too fast. Some think because they have a big SUV it will "go anywhere".... these are the fools you see stuck in a ditch.

But jeez, it's not even winter yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Put the bike away for the next few days, so I could put the car in the garage (I really hate scraping ice off of the windows)...yea, the weather sucks here too.

Clear, windy and 49F here today. Went for a short GSA ride to blow out the cobwebs and check the rear end seal which may be dropping erl onto the rear wheel. Will look again in the morning.

I think maybe you are confusing bigjohn with odot?

This last storm got me. Snowed last night till around 2AM and then switched over to rain. I should have got up out of my warm and cozy bed and cleared the driveway and my truck off then. This morning there was 3-4 of compressed slush that the snowblower couldnt handle. I hate shoveling slush, and so does my 61 year old back.

Cleared the driveway but left the truck covered. Supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow so we will let the warm weather do its magic. I hope...

...This last storm got me. Snowed last night till around 2AM and then switched over to rain. I should have got up out of my warm and cozy bed and cleared the driveway and my truck off then. This morning there was 3-4 of compressed slush that the snowblower couldnt handle. I hate shoveling slush, and so does my 61 year old back.
Cleared the driveway but left the truck covered. Supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow so we will let the warm weather do its magic. I hope...
The storm that got you is just hitting here. They are saying 25 cm of snow and ice pellets with gusty winds. NOT changing to rain here. Temperature tomorrow 2 °C (34 °F).

At least the snowblower should be able to handle it, unlike the gawdawful mess we had during the last "event". The blower will have to run on last season's oil this time - didn't get around to changing it and won't before I do the driveway. I did bring it to the garage from the shed last weekend and made sure it was still working. (22 years old at this point) Carb needs a rebuild and sheet metal is getting rusty.

Unfortunately, I'm at work for the day and it will be pretty bad by the time I get home.

Bike still has not been put away for the season. I keep hoping for a temporary reversal of the weather trend. I can't remember "permanent" snow cover before mid-November in this area.

Clear, windy and 49F here today. Went for a short GSA ride to blow out the cobwebs and check the rear end seal which may be dropping erl onto the rear wheel. Will look again in the morning.
Are you going to blow a seal?
rolleyes.gif
If you'll allow me to have the honor this time:

Heavy, heavy smoke here in the Bay Area from that wild fire up in Butte county. I have never seen it this bad in the 30+ years i have lived here.

1" of white chit on the deck, 2 more coming . It won't be like this in Ft Lauderdale on Sunday or in the Western Caribbean till November 30th.

In the northeast, the last half of October was more like November and November has been more like late December. Winter has arrived 4-6 weeks early but I seriously doubt it will mean an early spring. Haven't even had a chance to get the bike out and filled with non-alky gas and with the current ice, salt and cold it seems unlikely that I will get a chance. Will have to get a couple of cans of gas to top it off. Crap!

Same down here, Ross, except theres no E0 fuel in these parts at this time of year, so Ill have to fill the bikes tanks and dose em with Stabil. Mother Nature pulled a quick one on us this year. And we are into a nice little deep freeze right now to boot. The older I get the more I notice that 10F feels awfully cold, especially this early in the winter.

Just came in off the deck, the lights of Grand Cayman on the horizon. 82F at sunset with a slight NE breeze. Lots of stars and a nearly full moon later. Beats the he'll out of what many of you are experiencing I understand!