What's the Worst Farkle you've ever bought?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Groo was talking about this one farkle he had that ended up as a real PITA.

91932667_8475809614_o.jpg

Neon auxilary lights from the car store.

Failed the 1st time I hit wet weather.

Money and time wasted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I must be strange. Ok, so I am most definitely strange. Even so, not only do I count the Vista-Cruise as the THE most important farkle I have, but consider the TankSlapper a good farkle too.
Granted, it's a PITA to install, but if done correctly the pieces last quite a while.
+1 and +1

Worst so far is the Motocom AB-1M communicator. Works, but, the speakers and connectors suck. The VOX and passenger-to-rider are useless over 30 mph.

My worst farkle would have to be the Laminar Lip i bought from a forum member, Which really didn't offer that much more protection, And it does not like triple digit speeds! :rolleyes:

Bye bye Lip at 120 mph :glare:

So since it appears to have the little lights on it, would this be considered a 'safety' farkle? You know, to protect your six?

That throttle hand rest thing. What a waste of $10. The good thing was, it only cost $10. That's the only farkle I've not used after buying. Tried it and hated it.

That throttle hand rest thing. What a waste of $10. The good thing was, it only cost $10. That's the only farkle I've not used after buying. Tried it and hated it.
Oh yeah. It's been so long since I threw away that piece of crapoloa, I totally forgot (or repressed) about it.

+1

+1 on the 'Throttle Rocker' poor mans handrest thing.

I used it like 3x and hated every time. You just can't get it where you want it and not have it be in the way at some point.

The only time it was of value was in a downpour on the highway. I could tuck behind the screen and stick two fingers out to push on that to actuate the throttle. Kept my hand mostly dry.

+1 on the Vista Cruise, I didn't like it. I have no problems using the TMeister at all and much prefer it. (properly adjusting it like anything else seems key)

I'll add the 'Butt Buffer' Gel seat.

Purple-Closeup-Harley.jpg

That one costs me $80 on close-out because I was too cheap to go the other $20 for an air hawk. It held in the heat and roasted your ass and wasn't comfy either. Every time I see them at a show I want to beat someone up.

After hating it for two years I finally flipped it on ebay and recouped some of the loss. Apparently they work for some folks. :blink:

Radar Screamer - Opened the package and read the installation instructions. Changed my mind immediately and someone on the forum recently got a great deal on it! :)

I never bought those throttle rocker thingies, but my 05 had them pre-installed. I de-installed them before taking it off the trailer from the ride home. One of my area FJR owners, who shall remain nameless, actually uses his. But he also has yet to sell his HD. ;)

Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer. She was a bit more useless than the throttle rockers, but much easier to look at. Took off her her off quickly too. Does she count??? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. It's been so long since I threw away that piece of crapoloa, I totally forgot (or repressed) about it.

+1
Yet, like some other devices mentioned here, I know a forum member who loves his. Just goes to show that one mans junk.....no, not that junk....... :rolleyes:

It's a toss-up between the Laminar Lip (improved the airflow but not nearly enough) and CalSci foot guards (no improvement at all - I recommend the ones from FJR Goodies). I really like the Vista Cruise.

+1
Yet, like some other devices mentioned here, I know a forum member who loves his. Just goes to show that one mans junk.....no, not that junk....... :rolleyes:
Rad!

Thanks for lookin' out for my junk! :blink:

Good to have friends.

Shane

Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer. Does she count??? :rolleyes:
Depends on the "pole" on which she dances (nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more)

Off course the deer whistle
You mean these?

Pic0016-1.jpg

Haven't hit one yet :rolleyes:

And Bounce, you scare me. where's my duct tape? :huh: