What's the Worst Farkle you've ever bought?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...just may be the entire bike. <24k, (1 failed ignition switch left me stranded in Death Valley), two cylinders down to 60/80 psi (what's up with that?), instrument panel recall to fix max instantaneous reading of 17 mpg.. Seriously, when I think on it, I've never had a bike fail so fast so soon. And I've had over 20 bikes in 40 years.

Still, I love this SOB :rolleyes: but it's kinda feeling like owning a FIAT (Fix it again, Tony).

If the entire bike doesn't count as a farkle, I would have to say tires. They don't last more than 4k, cost a ton of $$, are a PIA to install.

Oh, tires don't count?

OK then,

1. Those stupid valve caps that show if your tire is low.. every last one of them suckas leaked..

2. Vista cruise (POS all around) -- Madco throttle lock rocks tho'

3. MagKnight protector (probably OK if not used with tank bag, but my bag has chewed the phuck out of the top color layer)

4. TourMaster tank bag - it flops around on the zippers too much. The bottom magnet part is attached with zippers to the upper tank bag section. After some time, the bag just kind of flops around from side to side. To much movement.

Sooo, anyone want to buy a 2006 with stupid air valve caps, a MagKnight tank protector, and TourMaster bag with low compression in cylinders 3&4??

mag-knight tank bra. sorry folks, but that's my answer. for an '07. color totally mismatched, puckered in spots, and it was a helluvalot of cash for the small amount you get. in my opinion. ( :

Guess I'll have to pull over in Denver and pop off my throttle rocker and VistaCruise so when I arrive at WFO, I won't get that "gay look" from everyone. Dang, I like both so much I figure I don't really need a cc. :unsure:

Guess I'll have to pull over in Denver and pop off my throttle rocker and VistaCruise so when I arrive at WFO, I won't get that "gay look" from everyone. Dang, I like both so much I figure I don't really need a cc. :unsure:
Don't worry Charlie, I'll be right beside ya... :ph34r:

--G

Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer.
Group buy? :smile3:

...just may be the entire bike. <24k, (1 failed ignition switch left me stranded in Death Valley), two cylinders down to 60/80 psi (what's up with that?), instrument panel recall to fix max instantaneous reading of 17 mpg.. Seriously, when I think on it, I've never had a bike fail so fast so soon. And I've had over 20 bikes in 40 years.
Still, I love this SOB :rolleyes: but it's kinda feeling like owning a FIAT (Fix it again, Tony).

If the entire bike doesn't count as a farkle, I would have to say tires. They don't last more than 4k, cost a ton of $$, are a PIA to install.

Oh, tires don't count?

OK then,

1. Those stupid valve caps that show if your tire is low.. every last one of them suckas leaked..

2. Vista cruise (POS all around) -- Madco throttle lock rocks tho'

3. MagKnight protector (probably OK if not used with tank bag, but my bag has chewed the phuck out of the top color layer)

4. TourMaster tank bag - it flops around on the zippers too much. The bottom magnet part is attached with zippers to the upper tank bag section. After some time, the bag just kind of flops around from side to side. To much movement.

Sooo, anyone want to buy a 2006 with stupid air valve caps, a MagKnight tank protector, and TourMaster bag with low compression in cylinders 3&4??
Yeah, well screw you and the Harley you rode in on, ya whiner! :grin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer.
Group buy? :smile3:
While Warchild most often runs these group buys, somehow the thought of him in the appropriate (to this GB) Bootsy Collins pimp daddy getup just doesn't seem like a visual fit. So, are you volunteering to run this one TWN? Probably figuring you'll get to test out the merchandise before approving it and offering it up for the rest of us. BTW, what are the test criteria, anyway?

The Tankslapper clear adhesive protector. Hard to install and looked like crap. Threw away after a piece blew off.

Another vote for tankslapper. I made the side pieces on the tank work on my '04, but they never really wanted to stay. I was stupid enought to try again on the '06, and quit before I even put one piece on. If anyone needs any tankslapper pieces, I'm your guy. :lol:

don't understand why you guys have had so much trouble with the Tankslapper kit - mine is still on after 2.5 years and 41k miles? And I commute to work on mine nearly every day.
Just replaced the pieces that go on the top of the saddlebags cause they were scuffed up from my wife dragging her foot over them.
I have had good luck with the Tankslappers. Wax the area well first; Use 50/50 water and isopropyl alchohol; careful squeegee work; Use a hair dryer on the edges ( Not too hot). Keep spraying the area while you work.With the 3M pieces you mix a little baby shampoo in the water. He even includes some J&J baby shampoo with the kits now.

I use the Crampbuster throttle rocker for longer rides. Tankslapper was a bit of a pain and is starting to show its age but still protecting the tank from the tank bag and my knees.

Butt, the Givi brake light kit. I have spent some time to get this thing to work on the V46. Intermitent would be a compliment.

Worst Farkle? Haven't done a bad one yet.

Best farkles? SportVue HUD, and the UFO Tail light from hightechspeed.com. I took the Hayabusa kit, cut it in half, and fit it into the FJR's tail housing. It's twice as bright as the factory brake light. I have it programmed to scroll from bottom to top, and pulse with brakes. (I'll post a video tomorrow if anyone wants to see it.)

Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer. She was a bit more useless than the throttle rockers, but much easier to look at. Took off her her off quickly too. Does she count??? :rolleyes:
Ummm, Jeff, 4'12"? Wow dude, so what happened to the 5' brunette pole dancer? :wub:

Recently I farkled the bike with a 4'12", 25 year old, brunette pole dancer. She was a bit more useless than the throttle rockers, but much easier to look at. Took off her her off quickly too. Does she count??? :rolleyes:
Ummm, Jeff, 4'12"? Wow dude, so what happened to the 5' brunette pole dancer? :wub:
ttiwwop.gif

Worst so far is the Motocom AB-1M communicator. Works, but, the speakers and connectors suck. The VOX and passenger-to-rider are useless over 30 mph.
2247302-plus1.gif

Only to be out-banged for the buck by Softline, but I got a sweet full refund for that experiment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, there dcarver. For a minute, I thought I was the only one who knew how many inches were in a frickin' foot.

JEFF!!!, take your ass back to the third grade! ;)

...just may be the entire bike. <24k, (1 failed ignition switch left me stranded in Death Valley), two cylinders down to 60/80 psi (what's up with that?)
???

Can we go over this last one again? Cylinders 3 & 4 down to 60-80 psi in compression? :blink: :blink: :blink:

What was the diagnosis for this... I ASSume it got fixed, but what was the original cause?

Thanks, there dcarver. For a minute, I thought I was the only one who knew how many inches were in a frickin' foot.

JEFF!!!, take your ass back to the third grade! ;)
Damn Scab! You been outta commission too long. That was a joke. She claimed to be 5' tall. But after I sat my cold beer on her head she shrank up a bit! :)

I love telling a short woman she's not even 5' tall. I say, Honey, you can't be a bit over 4'12"! Their response helps weed out the stupid ones.

:)

BTW, TWN you are welcomed to join the selection committee for a group buy. I think a two-man panel of judges gives a more balanced sandwich view, don't you???

Gotta add +1 to dcarvers magic tire pressure valve stems too.

(I was lucky enough to avoid them though, 2 other guys I ride with wasted their money on them first)

...just may be the entire bike. <24k, (1 failed ignition switch left me stranded in Death Valley), two cylinders down to 60/80 psi (what's up with that?)
???

Can we go over this last one again? Cylinders 3 & 4 down to 60-80 psi in compression? :blink: :blink: :blink:

What was the diagnosis for this... I ASSume it got fixed, but what was the original cause?
Use the freakin search!!!!

:lol:

Clicky HERE grasshopper for the path to sick FJR enlightenment

hee hee hee

???

Use the freakin search!!!!

:lol:

Clicky HERE grasshopper for the path to sick FJR enlightenment

hee hee hee
So we can safely say someone didn't get theirs last night :rolleyes: :acute: :grin: ....