Where are you at mileage wise?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My '04 just turned 12,500; I know not the high numbers some of you guys tout, but they sure were quality miles. Recently retired, so now maybe I'll work on the quantity as well.

A little over 6437.2 km., thats 4000 mi. in America on the 06A since April. Riding two bikes though and am blind in one eye and can't see out the other and don't have to ride to work...PM. <>< ;)

My '04 just turned 12,500; I know not the high numbers some of you guys tout, but they sure were quality miles. Recently retired, so now maybe I'll work on the quantity as well.

Now that is what its all about!!! Not the quanity but the quality! :clapping:

Wish I could have escaped the freeway and played in the canyon more over the last year..

37,000 miles on a '04.Ticker-fixed.TPS to be replaced friday.

Side note-a BIG thank you to Warchild and everyone else who helped to get the ticking issue corrected by Yamaha.My fix was totally pain free-I don't think it would have went that way if someone hadn't taken the bull by the horns!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checking to see where everyone is at in regards to mileage?
Has anyone broke through 100k yet? If so, I'm trying to correlate if certain parts needed replacing other than normal scheduled maintenance items that may be attributed to the high mileage?

A spread sheet that follows mileage and replaced parts would also be cool to read, if there was a way to collect accurate data.

I would also like to know what folks may consider the high point is in regards to where reliability/time to change to a new bike might start to factor in, regardless of warranty status? 100k, 150k, 200k?

6300 miles or there about '06 may

Got my '05 in Sept.'04.... 22.5K miles so far... most of that in the last 12 months due to job/schedule/whatever...

I'm a bit over 5300 miles in 3 1/2 months....Need to get out more...1 IBA In State & the rest mostly mountains.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only have 6500 miles on my '06A obtained May 18.

Only live 1 mile from work so not much commuting, and I have the kids 6 out of every 14 days (including every other weekend), and I generally don't ride when I have them. I prefer to spend time with the kids when I have them........ between that and other commitments, riding time is limited.

But I volunteered to cover the clinic in Eugene next week -- just so I can ride 150+ miles round trip through the passes each day :D , and maybe take the long way home once or twice........so I should be well over 7000 miles in 1 week's time.

48,700 on 05, picked up in August 04. :yahoo: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
FJR_at_Mt_St_Helens_10_06.jpg

Fall trip to Mt. St. Helens: Best shot for the year 2006.

12,650 miles on my 2005 FJR with no problems. I split my riding with three other bikes. A 2003 Honda 919 with 6000 miles and my new 2006 FZ1 purchased in May has 3008 miles. My 2001 Yamaha dualsport has 2100 miles, but most of that is just riding to and from the trails and the rest is put on in the dirt. All the bikes are put in dead storage for the winter until the upstate New York roadsalt is washed away in the spring.

48,000 on my 05. Just starting to get warmed up for some serious rides over the 3 years before Y.E.S. ends. :yahoo: