Where to Get New Mirrors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While the FZ1 mirrors aren't nearly as pretty as the Gen II, they do work significantly better, plus they are <$50 ea. You can get a pair for less than one Gen II mirror.
Aaaaand with parking lot tip overs the FZ1 mirrors fold up like a Swiss Army Knife. I tested mine out twice in 15 mins. :unsure: Not a scratch.

Keep Going!
I just received my mirrors and looking them over, I wonder where they fold. I hope I didn't get ripped off and these are not genuine 2005 FZ1 mirrors.
I'm curious too. I've been reading old posts about the FZ1 mirrors, and when I google the part number (5LV-26290-00-00) I get "Like OEM" for mirrors. I assume I don't want these.

Where can I get good ones? How can I tell I'm getting the right mirror?

While the FZ1 mirrors aren't nearly as pretty as the Gen II, they do work significantly better, plus they are <$50 ea. You can get a pair for less than one Gen II mirror.
Aaaaand with parking lot tip overs the FZ1 mirrors fold up like a Swiss Army Knife. I tested mine out twice in 15 mins. :unsure: Not a scratch.

Keep Going!
I posted this question from an online search and do not think it made it to the forum. If I am wrong I apologise.

I received my new FZ1 mirrors today and cannot figure how they fold. Maybe these are not the OEM 2005 FZ1 mirrors.
Jer, if these ARE the right mirrors, can you point me to where you got them?

Keep Going!
I just received my mirrors and looking them over, I wonder where they fold. I hope I didn't get ripped off and these are not genuine 2005 FZ1 mirrors.
I'm curious too. I've been reading old posts about the FZ1 mirrors, and when I google the part number (5LV-26290-00-00) I get "Like OEM" for mirrors. I assume I don't want these.

Don't buy "like" OEM mirrors. Get them from a dealer outlet like Boats.com, BoulevardSuzuki.com,RonAyers.com etc.

Keep Going!

Don't buy "like" OEM mirrors. Get them from a dealer outlet like Boats.com, BoulevardSuzuki.com,RonAyers.com etc.
That's what I've been looking for. Thanks a bunch Tom!

good info with pics here (Gen I):

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=100993&st=0

I like Ron Ayers.com for parts:

https://www.ronayers.com/ProductDetails/N/687/SKU/809165

PRODUCT INFORMATION:

Mfg Product Number: 5LV-26280-00-00

Description: REAR VIEW MIRROR A for Yamaha FZ1

Order Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $59.97

Total Cost: $59.97

Mfg Product Number: 5LV-26290-00-00

Description: REAR VIEW MIRROR A for Yamaha FZ1

Order Quantity: 1

Unit Price: $59.97

Total Cost: $59.97

free shipping for orders >$100

Keep Going!
I posted this question from an online search and do not think it made it to the forum. If I am wrong I apologise.

I received my new FZ1 mirrors today and cannot figure how they fold. Maybe these are not the OEM 2005 FZ1 mirrors.
Jer, if these ARE the right mirrors, can you point me to where you got them?
I got them from boats.net. They were $52.82 apiece. I also ordered a bunch of fasteners and the total shipping was $13.58.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the info and I loved the link to the guy who took the pictures of the bike with both stock and FZ1 mirrors.

Thank you Mount Rainier for the direct links to the website. I ordered mine this morning.

Scott

Good post.Got mine ordered tonight . That, BOATS.net,price is nice....$40.00 cheaper then local stealership.Hope I learn to like the, "look" . But everyone says it's one of the best things you can improve.

Last edited by a moderator: