world smallest replacement HID ballast super slim HID

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm very interested in your slim hid ballast! Can you send me an email with the complete install. I purchased some hid's and it was a nighmare trying to install. I gave up and sold the lights on ebay. I have 2006. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
One other thought this is independent of the install posts above. This is an observation, not a perceived problem, and I wanted to get your thoughts.
The original H4 shines light upward in LOW beam mode only, and shines light both upward and downward in HIGH beam mode. These xenons, on the other hand, shine light upward in either mode. The big shield has a hole in it as can be seen above, which I would have thought allowed the light to escape downward in HIGH beam mode, but it doesn't!! In fact, the light can never go downward, because the hole in the shield is too close to the solenoid end, and the arc never gets close enough to it to allow the light out. Does anybody have any idea why? Why didn't they allow the hole in the shield to be closer to the end so light can get through it in high beam mode?

-BD
Well, you are correct in your assumption the the light should go in both directions on high beam. I moved the little arc tube to where it would be in the high beam position and then drameled out the slot. Actually I only uncover 1/2 the arc tube which seems to be enough. Try it and I'll bet you like it!

Jim

Now that you guys have used these for a while are you still happy with them?

Last edited by a moderator: