• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Digital Video Camcorder

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm looking for a gently used digital video camera. I've never owned one before and would like something on the inexpensive side, with a decent battery life, relatively small, optical zoom, adequate resolution for viewing and publishing, that can be used for tank mounted rides, family get-togethers, etc.

Something comparable to this Canon FS100 would be ideal.

Canon or Sony preferred but other brands considered.

If you have something laying around that could use a new home, please let me know. i'd like to keep it under $200 if possible. Thanks!

Look to the left of the add you posted in your link. $129.99 (Canon ZR900 miniDV Camcorder - (Refurbished), there, your done.

Do you recommend that model C&C? Isn't shooting to a digital media like an SD card preferable to miniDV? Pardon my questions, I'm still reading, researching, and learning about video - it's all greek to me. :)

Isn't shooting to a digital media like an SD card preferable to miniDV? Pardon my questions, I'm still reading, researching, and learning about video - it's all greek to me. :)
I'm no expert, but seeing how the hard drive GPS units failed miserably on bikes, and are not longer recommended on bikes by the manufacturer, I'd sure stick with memory cards. I don't believe writing to CD's while in motion is a formula for long success either.
Why I got a FS100 ...which I bet you'll find on Ebay for well under 300 now-a-days ....soon will be 200, then 100, the pricing on this stuff drops fast.

...then again, 129 for a camera that will likely do the job is hard to ignore, but not sure how long tape format will be around, pretty much out-the-door already I believe. Problem is that you need the camera to do your playback and downloads, but like memory cards, good part is you can always just throw in another tape when need be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't go by me, I'm no expert, just saw what would get you into the game for a very good price. At 129, if it lasted a season or two, you'd have gotten your money's worth.