• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's not good to hear. There are maybe another 1/2 dozen out there so it would be nice to hear from those folks also. Possibly MaMa Yamaha isn't that accurate after all when welding up there center stands. Then again it is welding so it isn't going to be really that close all the time. Today most factory's are robotized when it comes to welding production components together. Pretty amazing stuff sometimes if you ever get to see it.
Well it may be best to put a hold on these GenIII big foots until we get some more data back.

Thanks for the input Todd, I will be in touch.

Dave
mine just touches the center stand, so not a problem.

Dave,

I think if you "rotate" the undercut area so it runs from the letter "N" to the letter "O" it will correct the issue folks are having. If you look back at my pics earlier in the thread you can see were I undercut the toe...it needs to be a little towards the side for clearance during the operation the center stand. Hope that helps you.

John

Dave,
I think if you "rotate" the undercut area so it runs from the letter "N" to the letter "O" it will correct the issue folks are having. If you look back at my pics earlier in the thread you can see were I undercut the toe...it needs to be a little towards the side for clearance during the operation the center stand. Hope that helps you.

John
I am going to try something else I think. I am making another run at this time. I will post the new results when done.

Dave

Dave,

John
I am going to try something else I think. I am making another run at this time. I will post the new results when done.

Dave
Dave, did you get a chance to make another run trying your alternate method?

Any results to share yet?

Thanks.

Paypal sent for standard big foot for GenII. Thanks, Dave!

Paypal sent for standard big foot for GenII. Thanks, Dave!
Thanks for the order. It will ship out tomorrow.

Tanker, I have made a new concept for the GenIII version. I hesitate to let it out without seeing it fit myself.

Dave

? I took the bigfoot off my Gen 1 and put it on my Gen 3. No hit, worked perfect. I'm thinking it's a production tolerance thing.

Tanker, I have made a new concept for the GenIII version. I hesitate to let it out without seeing it fit myself.
Dave
Hey Dave,

I do have the one you sent to me mounted, but I needed to grind a good size chunk out of the piece to make it work.

I had a conversation with EricL on the forum about his Big Foot on his 14ES. He had to go out in the garage to check if his hit because he did not recall that it did.

When he went to check it closer, he found that his hit also.

I sure would not mind being a guinea pig with your new design, if it works, then I'll send some more money your way or just send it back to you.

Thanks,

Todd

Stock one ordered! 2006 FJR. And yes, it works with Remus ok..
flirt.gif

Got mine the other day...thanks Dave. Can't believe I waited this long to get one. No more getting the wife to search for a flat rock or piece of wood in the gravel parking lot of the hotel when she could be spending that time ordering a beer for me at the bar!

Just came back to this thread and realized you have modified the foot for the 2014/Gen 3 models. PayPal sent for this reasonably priced product!

Just came back to this thread and realized you have modified the foot for the 2014/Gen 3 models. PayPal sent for this reasonably priced product!

Dam, now the secret is out.

100_1209_zpsed2aac83.jpg

Latest Gen III version.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.