• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received and installed my yesterday. This is probably the most cost effective farkle for the FJR. Very nice looking item and easy to install. I used alittle loctite on the screws to prevent them from becomming loose and having the item fall off. Then again, I just might be anal! Thank You WynPro for a great product and I wish you the best.

Other options also:

A small dab of RTV silicon, epoxy or Construction adhesive before installation. Just some thoughts.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Received and installed my yesterday. This is probably the most cost effective farkle for the FJR. Very nice looking item and easy to install. I used alittle loctite on the screws to prevent them from becomming loose and having the item fall off. Then again, I just might be anal! Thank You WynPro for a great product and I wish you the best.

Other options also:

A small dab of RTV silicon, epoxy or Construction adhesive before installation. Just some thoughts.

Dave
Yup, I may do this. I'm thinking a little JB Weld?

The bottom of the stock side stand is convex. It has some rocker in the side to side direction. A bit of self hardening "filler" material like one of the above may help the foot stay at the right angle. If you do opt to add some sort of adhesive, I suggest that you initially leave the screws a bit loose and set the bike onto the side stand on a section of flat flooring so the BigFoot will adopt the correct angle, then tighten up the loctited screws. ;)

Just received mine. Nice, quick install with loctite on the screws.

Thanks Dave

Other options also:

Dave
Yup, I may do this. I'm thinking a little JB Weld?

The bottom of the stock side stand is convex. It has some rocker in the side to side direction. A bit of self hardening "filler" material like one of the above may help the foot stay at the right angle. If you do opt to add some sort of adhesive, I suggest that you initially leave the screws a bit loose and set the bike onto the side stand on a section of flat flooring so the BigFoot will adopt the correct angle, then tighten up the loctited screws. ;)

I'm hoping that's overkill. I slapped some locktite on the threads and paint to hold it in place. I had none of that other stuff laying around. If I'm wrong I'm only out $19.

Paypal sent! Glad this product is here! I'd like the 03 Cerulean Silver version please.

Alexi

Paypal sent !!

I have nothing witty to say at this time... :blink: but I'm giving myself the right to come back though just in case something smart does happen upstairs...

I see some will be adding some adhesive for extra precaution. Which would be best to use?

ok dammit.............something else to take my $............

Paypal funds being sent. Thanks................bang for buck it looks like one of my better farkles.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!

I got mine yesterday, painted it black, locktight the threads. great job Dave.

Thanks

Dave, thanks for the quick ship and quality part. Seeya this spring sometime!

I'm late to the party but I'm in. :D

Paypal money sent.

Thanks,

Dave

I see some will be adding some adhesive for extra precaution. Which would be best to use?
That would depend on how permanent you want the installation to be. If you use JB Weld, as I am intending to, It would probably require a hammer to remove later on.

OTOH, a dab of silicone sealer would peel off pretty easily, should you so desire.

With all the people painting them black (for stealthiness I assume) I think I might have to dredge up the instructions on how to "home anodize" aluminum. That might be the trick coloration thing for these...

[edit] Here's a decent link: Anodizing at Home.

Dave, a personal check for $19 sent to you and thanks for producing these! With our sandy Arizona soil, I always have to drink a can of beer and flatten the can to put under Miss Lucy Liu's side stand foot so she won't fall over in the desert. Your side stand foot pad will cut down on Papa Chuy's monthly beer expense costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.