• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WynPro ( BIG-FOOT)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some will be adding some adhesive for extra precaution. Which would be best to use?
That would depend on how permanent you want the installation to be. If you use JB Weld, as I am intending to, It would probably require a hammer to remove later on.

OTOH, a dab of silicone sealer would peel off pretty easily, should you so desire.

With all the people painting them black (for stealthiness I assume) I think I might have to dredge up the instructions on how to "home anodize" aluminum. That might be the trick coloration thing for these...

[edit] Here's a decent link: Anodizing at Home.
Thanks Fred. I've never had an occasion to use JB Weld before, can't wait. :)

Payment sent Friday.

good stuff!

If only there was away to extend the enjoyment of installing farkles. Open :yahoo: , install :lol: , smiles :D , done! :( Then, look for new exciting farkles to install. Kinda like a crack addict, huh?

There were two hard parts to this install:

1) Getting the bike on the center stand (probably not really required).

2) Bending down to tighten the screws. I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Being a slow student of mechanical work it took me five minutes to install.

I got mine yesterday, painted it black, locktight the threads. great job Dave.
Thanks
Did it take you 2 1/2 hours to install, also?

P.S. Every time I read your handle name I want to say 'God Bless You', and hand you a hanky.

:D ;)
It only took 2 hrs.. I only put 4 coats of paint and wet sand between coats.... BTW I don't use any hanky..I just wipe with my Aerostich.

Just received mine this morning - echoing everyone else's comments, these are brilliantly simple and beautifully made. Well done, and thanks again!

I think we should form some subforum members. Those with the Wynpros :clapping: and those without :dribble: . The withs would have much more status and priviledges than the withouts. And if you spent more than 2 hours installing (painting included for SPU), you would have rock star status, :yahoo: .

doctorj

Page 17? Shit!

Dave-how can I order the full service manual for these things? I don't want to screw up the internal timing, or risk blowing a gasket on them.

I didn't see any labels either, that said how much windshield washer fluid to install.

I'm glad it's not Friday, or this would really be bad!

You can pick up Chilton's manual instead. It's cheaper than the OEM manual, though the exploded views of the kick stand pad are only in black and white.

By the way, I'm fabricating a special purpose installation tool for anyone who wants to order. The design in almost complete. I'm thinking about calling it a "screwdriver" after my favorite orange juice drink, but I might name it after my childhood friend "Philip." Anticipated cost is $99.95, but that includes shipping.

Edit: Just noticed that was my 1300th post. What a waste...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should form some subforum members. Those with the Wynpros :clapping: and those without :dribble: . The withs would have much more status and priviledges than the withouts. And if you spent more than 2 hours installing (painting included for SPU), you would have rock star status, :yahoo: .
doctorj

Damn! I smell a photoshop coming from Old Michael if he sees this post......

doctorj

2 Hours? Child's play...

I'm up to a week of installation time already, having only done the test fit and preliminary install. And the end isn't even in sight since I have to wait for garage temps to become suitable for curing epoxy. Yeah, it'll probably be March or April before I get mine finished complete with JB Welding! :p

doctorj

2 Hours? Child's play...

I'm up to a week of installation time already, having only done the test fit and preliminary install. And the end isn't even in sight since I have to wait for garage temps to become suitable for curing epoxy. Yeah, it'll probably be March or April before I get mine finished complete with JB Welding! :p

You sir! Are a god. :eek:

would Loctite and JB Weld be overkill?

If not, blue or red?

If Blue, can it be painted?

If Red, can it be painted?

I not. can JB Weld be painted?

If not, can I use Elmers?

If not, can I sue Wynpro if it flies off and hits a DPS officer's windshield?

If so, how much?

Thanks in advance.....

You sir! Are a god. :eek:

God? Nah...

Well, maybe just a minor deity. ;)

would Loctite and JB Weld be overkill?
If not, blue or red?

If Blue, can it be painted?

If Red, can it be painted?

I not. can JB Weld be painted?

If not, can I use Elmers?

If not, can I sue Wynpro if it flies off and hits a DPS officer's windshield?

If so, how much?

Thanks in advance.....
No, red, yes, yes, yes, for what?, yes, $1.50.

You can pick up Chilton's manual instead. It's cheaper than the OEM manual, though the exploded views of the kick stand pad are only in black and white.
By the way, I'm fabricating a special purpose installation tool for anyone who wants to order. The design in almost complete. I'm thinking about calling it a "screwdriver" after my favorite orange juice drink, but I might name it after my childhood friend "Philip." Anticipated cost is $99.95, but that includes shipping.

Edit: Just noticed that was my 1300th post. What a waste...
that's obviously no friggin help

metric or SAE???

and what's his first name so I can properly google

Status
Not open for further replies.